NewHolland Workmaster 55 help

/ NewHolland Workmaster 55 help #1  

PDXRyan

Howdy! I'm looking for some more specific specifications for a new NewHolland workmaster 55.
I've got what they have on their site and I've googled for more but I'm having trouble.
So if you have this machine could you help me out? Or direct me to a place to get more details?
I'm needing to know the engine compression ratio, how many fuel filters and where it's located. Fuel consumption, other fluid capacities, msrp etc.
Thanks for your time and help!

/ NewHolland Workmaster 55 help #2  
where are you located? i have a few WKM 55 in stock. you want a price on 4x4 or 2wd? Engine compression ratio is 22:4:1........there is onlyone fuel filter locatd right on the right side of the motor. easy to get too. All ther filters are easy. not sure on exact fuel consumption, but the 4 cylinder turbo motor that is in it, is a good one, and a tank of fuel will last you a long time. Fuel tank holds, 13.5 gallons......cooling system hold 10.5 gal.......engine oil is 7.4 quarts......rear axle and transmission,.......6.6 gallons......if it is 4x4 the front axle holds.....8 quarts......anything else you need to know, let me know

/ NewHolland Workmaster 55 help #4  
quarts sorry, i am doing to many things at once....haha

/ NewHolland Workmaster 55 help #5  
quarts sorry, i am doing to many things at once....haha

I thought so. :) I have a TN55 that holds 2+ gallons and was trying to figure out why the Workmaster would require so much more coolant.

Steve

/ NewHolland Workmaster 55 help #6  
From a design perspective fuel consumption would be in the vicinity of 1/2 pound per horsepower hour. Given that, 100 hp engine output for one hour would use 50 pounds of fuel. If fuel is 7 pounds per gallon you would have just over 7 gallons of fuel used.

/ NewHolland Workmaster 55 help #7  
From a design perspective fuel consumption would be in the vicinity of 1/2 pound per horsepower hour. Given that, 100 hp engine output for one hour would use 50 pounds of fuel. If fuel is 7 pounds per gallon you would have just over 7 gallons of fuel used.

7 Gallons per/hr? I have never owned a 50 horse class tractor but if it burns that much fuel, I'll probably never own one. My 24 horse tractor will run all day long.....and I mean 7-8 hrs at 2600 rpm on 5 gallons. I guess I'm spoiled AND naive, I would never have guessed it's fuel consumption would even approach that.

/ NewHolland Workmaster 55 help
Thanks so much for the info!I'm in Oregon so a bit too far away. However, this is homework for now too. I'm comparing two tractors of similar sizes to see which one is better (or at least which I think is better).

So if it's not too much trouble for ya, the last few things I need are:
Turning radius, the msrp for the 2wd model (new). Is the steering wheel adjustable?
Number of control levers for the hydraulics. Oh yeah, recommended fluids for the hydraulics and motor and can the gears be changes without using the clutch? Lastly, what is the recommended oil change intervals.
Thanks again, it's much appreciated!!!! Ryan-

/ NewHolland Workmaster 55 help #9  
Thanks so much for the info!I'm in Oregon so a bit too far away. However, this is homework for now too. I'm comparing two tractors of similar sizes to see which one is better (or at least which I think is better).

So if it's not too much trouble for ya, the last few things I need are:
Turning radius, the msrp for the 2wd model (new). Is the steering wheel adjustable?
Number of control levers for the hydraulics. Oh yeah, recommended fluids for the hydraulics and motor and can the gears be changes without using the clutch? Lastly, what is the recommended oil change intervals.
Thanks again, it's much appreciated!!!! Ryan-

You can follow this link to obtain a quote.

New Holland IRON Builder - Workmaster & TTA Tractors, 45-75 Engine HP Options - Agricultural Product Builder - Pricing

I can't help with your other questions, but your best bet is to visit dealers selling the tractors you are interested in. They don't bite.:)

How you feel about the dealer is as important as how you feel about the tractor IMO.

Steve

/ NewHolland Workmaster 55 help #10  
7 Gallons per/hr? I have never owned a 50 horse class tractor but if it burns that much fuel, I'll probably never own one. My 24 horse tractor will run all day long.....and I mean 7-8 hrs at 2600 rpm on 5 gallons. I guess I'm spoiled AND naive, I would never have guessed it's fuel consumption would even approach that.

there is no way the tractor uses 7 gallosn an hour. if that was the case, you would be empty in 2 to 3 hours or less. sorry