Kioti vs Bobcat

/ Kioti vs Bobcat #1  

DDUBBS

Tractor
2009 Bobcat CT440 Hydro
I am looking to purchase a tractor within the next 5 months. Trying to do my homework to make sure I purchase the right machine.. Homeowner with approx. 15 acres. Need to clear some older pines that were origially planted for X-mas tress that were never groomed or harvested. Trees are old and most are dead or damaged. Plan to clear different sections at time not all at once. After section is cleared I would like to re-plant for wildlife habitat. I will be needing to do some bush hog work as well. I am looking at Kioti DK35 - DK40 or Bobcat CT335 - CT440. Tractors are 38HP and 41HP. I know that the tractors are the same as far as the engine and transmissions but I can not understand why Kioti gives a 4 year warranty and Bobcat only 3 year and cost more. Can anyone explain why this is.

Thanks
DDUBBS

/ Kioti vs Bobcat #2  
Well, the only difference in the two tractors is the color of their paint. You are getting a price from a different dealer when you price your Kioti or Bobcat. Either one you choose will be a homerun for you. Your attachments may be from different supplers depending on which tractor you choose. Sounds like you could use a backhoe. Good luck and you will nnot be disappointed.

rimshot

/ Kioti vs Bobcat
Thanks Rimshot

I thought they were basiclly the same tractor except for attachments. I believe Bobcat uses their own controls for the FEL and thats the only reason I can justify the higher price. But still can't figure the 1 year difference in the warranty. In comparison the same Model of Kioti vs Bobcat with lower price and 1 more year warranty it is pretty much a no brainer. Kioti!!

Thanks
DDUBBS

/ Kioti vs Bobcat #4  
Then orange will be your color. Don't be afraid to purchase the Kioti FEL and backhoe (if you have need for one). They are good solidly built attachments.

Good luck and enjoy your new tractor

rim

/ Kioti vs Bobcat #5  
Go with the DK40. Can never have too much HP. :D

/ Kioti vs Bobcat #6  
Same tractor but attachments are different, Kioti builds their own loaders and backhoes where-as Bobcat uses (I believe) Rhino made attachments. Both very well made and I think rated at about the same capacities. It's also about the dealer and how they will be after the sale as well.

Can't go wrong with either but cheaper price and longer warranty certainly make orange look good. :thumbsup:

Lastly, some food for thought:
Kioti DK35 KL351 loader = 1,412 lbs lift capacity to full height.
Kioti DK40 KL401 loader = 2,761 lbs lift capacity to full height. ALMOST DOUBLE THE CAPACITY!

/ Kioti vs Bobcat #7  
Same tractor but attachments are different, Kioti builds their own loaders and backhoes where-as Bobcat uses (I believe) Rhino made attachments. Both very well made and I think rated at about the same capacities. It's also about the dealer and how they will be after the sale as well.

Can't go wrong with either but cheaper price and longer warranty certainly make orange look good. :thumbsup:

Lastly, some food for thought:
Kioti DK35 KL351 loader = 1,412 lbs lift capacity to full height.
Kioti DK40 KL401 loader = 2,761 lbs lift capacity to full height. ALMOST DOUBLE THE CAPACITY!

I agree, go with teh DK40 if for nothing else the stronger loader. I have a 28HP tractor of another brand now and it does all I need but the loader is a little weaker than I care for. About 1,500# lift currently. I am in the process of upgrading the cylinders from 1.75" to 2" but sooner or later I will find the next weaker link.

I have been seriously looking at the BobCat units mainly because of price and I also live 5 miles from the largest dealer in Indiana. I did some reading that they are switching FEL brands on them and the new unit is not as nice as the older one. Do some checking on this and some reading on the BobCat section of this site.

Chris

/ Kioti vs Bobcat #8  
I think Bobcat's market is mostly commercial users. Commercial equipment maufacturers always offer less waranty.

Bobcat was actually $1600 less than a comparable Kioti for me. The Kioti offered some noticable differences for the money though. Kioti has the longer warranty, draft control, a standard rear remote, and a four-bar linkage on the loader that gives better bucket rollback and dump angles. The only feature Bobcat offers that Kioti doesn't is a block heater. In the end it was a price decision for me to buy Bobcat.

/ Kioti vs Bobcat
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and replys. This is the kind of info I need to hear.

Thanks

DDUBBS

/ Kioti vs Bobcat #10  
When I bought my DK45 (new) in '06, it came with a block heater, but maybe this isn't standard on the smaller models??

The big jump in lift capacity from the 35 to the 40 is going to be really helpful if you are going to be uprooting and moving trees. A year ago, I cleared a mess of old-field spruces by pushing them over with the bucket, then shoving them out of the ground by the exposed root ball (driving forward while lifting). Even with loaded tires, it helps to have extra weight on the back (box blade, mower, or other weight source).
I bought a grapple rake last spring to help with the cleanup. This is a REALLY useful tool for gathering/moving tree debris...it is a real frustrating chore to try to gather trees and branches with an FEL bucket!

BOB