Price Check Flatbed price?

/ Flatbed price? #1  

Anonymous Poster

My wife's folks have a 1970 Chevy 16-foot Flatbed with side racks they have used for years hauling fruit, hay and nuts. The spec plate states 8880 (unladen). Standard transmission-- very low granny, 350 ci re-conditioned engine with good tires, grain bin, two axle/dually. Can not find any info. on this in blue book or on other sites on the net. Do you guys have any idea what it might go for? Still runs good.

thanks, Tracy

/ Flatbed price? #2  
You could try looking up other trucks near those specs at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.traderonline.com>www.traderonline.com</A> Then go to the Trucks section and search for trucks similar to yours. There is also a heavy equipment section that is fun to look at.

/ Flatbed price? #3  
It sounds like it might be a 60 or 70 series truck (or whatever preceeded them in the line). Without seeing it I'd say it ought to be worth somewhere in the teens as you describe it and possibly a little more. A lot depends on whether you're looking to buy it knowing the history of the truck or it's on the open market without that going for it. As always, condition is the ruling factor and, simply put, it's difficult at best to appraise any truck without seeing it. It's difficult to appraise a truck nearly a third of a century old. Combine the two and you see what I'm facing here. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Flatbed price? #4  
I'd say more like $3000 to $6000 depending on rust, what state are you in?

/ Flatbed price? #5  
I would say the teens also.... thirteen hundred big ones coming right from my pocket to yours. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Darin

/ Flatbed price? #6  
<font color=blue>I'd say more like $3000 to $6000 depending on rust, what state are you in?</font color=blue>

Boy, thats a pretty hefty estimate for a truck thats over 30 years old. You don't suppose I could interest you in buying a bridge. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I think there are to many yet unkknown factors about this truck to be able to give an approximate value. Such as milage, general condition of interior and exterior,the condition of the frame and the drive train, lights and wiring etc. etc. Is it road worthy and state inspectable or is it farm truck ?
Post a picture of it for us if you can, maybe we can get a better idea and feel for it if we all can see it.

/ Flatbed price?
We're in California. Apparently it's been non-opped for a few years, as the leg. has been making it tough on larger commercials of vintage. The body is straight. The paint is faded but good.

/ Flatbed price? #8  
hummm any one intrested in a 67 chebby 4x4...big block?...realitivy cheap....Sid

/ Flatbed price? #9  
oh ya ....assembly required...batterys not included..lol...Sid

/ Flatbed price? #10  
Boy when I first posted my message last night I could have swore that the truck was a 1990 stake dump. Must have been because I was just performing searches on the internet for my next dump and had the fever in my eyes. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Yeah as was pointed out a 1970 regular bed given reasonable miiles and good body isn't worth too much. But I also don't need one like that and if someone did then you can get more money for it. Do searches on prices and then advertise it and see what happens.

Darin