Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Default Re: Buying at auction

I like to attend..do look over etc.,hard to find goodies I'll take chance..knock on wood yet to be burnt.

Bidding,I tell the Mrs. also get the look,but when time to fetch the prize means road trip,and frown turn upside down..whew.

Tractor
    JD 5520 Montana 4340 Farmall Super C

Quote Originally Posted by teg View Post
    I went to a few auctions but even the scrape metal dealers were paying more than I wanted to. First few times, I could not believe how many people show up to auctions....
    EXCATLY ... the best marketing tool for anyone selling is the services of a licensed, experienced professional Auctioneer ... The internet auctions are great.... sight and unseen ... an onsite live auction is for price maximization... your right there to lay hands on.
    "When selling a lifetime ... don't sell it short"
    auctioneer@southernauctionco.com

Veteran Member

I also had missed the "Richie Bros" post. I had always thought of large Dozers,Backhoes,Etc. I did not realize that smaller items were sold. They have built a new sales yard in Ohio that I will look into. Thanks.

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4900//Cub 7532//Cub Yanmar SC2400//CAT 312B//Komatsu D38

Also love the auctions. Been to several onsite auctions and always visiting online auctions.....love em. Prefer the online auctions, got carried away only a few times, and ended up with a trailer load of "stuff".....been very fortunate thus far with all the equipment purchased.
    And you're right....it is funny to watch the "bidding wars" and see stuff sell for way more than it's worth!

Tractor
    Yanmars = Fx235- F255- FX335... branson 4220i tlb - hinomoto JF1 New Holland 7610 Branson 3510 tlb

Quote Originally Posted by sweettractors View Post
    If you like online auctions, checkout our Ebay Store here Sweetfarmequipment items - Get great deals on New Disc Mower Parts, Machinery items on eBay Stores! Ken Sweet

Ken, doesn't Ebay charge outrageous listing fees?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT230

For Star Trek fans: These really should be several of the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition.

First Rule of an Auction: Know what the retail or wholesale price for the item is.

Second Rule: Know what your maximum spending limit is. (And what your balance is if buying several things during the course of the auction.)

Third Rule: Don't buy more than you know how to transport home.

Fourth Rule: When buying at a government auction, remember that they are worse than Repro guys at taking back stuff they've sold to you.

Fifth Rule: If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Tractor
    JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA

Quote Originally Posted by tractorErnie View Post
    Ken, doesn't Ebay charge outrageous listing fees?
    Yes they do, We compensate for listing fees and commissions by listing a item higher that you would normally buy from us direct. A buyer will always buy for less dealing directly with us. However, there are many buyers that don't trust sellers and want the warm/fuzzy feeling of assurance of a good Ebay seller feedback and also the Ebay buyer protection plan to help in Fraud and misrepresented sales. Ken Sweet
    http://www.sweetfarms.com/

Sweet Farm Equipment LLC (Internet Sales, Shipping All States)
    Shipping Facility
    1815 Defries Rd., Canmer, Ky 42722 Toll Free 1-866-528-3323
    Ken Sweet sweet@scrtc.com

Shipping Example: Can ship 800 lbs from Ky. to Dallas for $165
    The Northeast shipping corridor is a little more expensive.

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

LOL---I have to tell on myself here...Some years ago a neighbor of mine and I went to our first tractor & equipment auction together ..It was a cold and blustery day..and there were many folks there and a lot of tractors and attachments..anyway...we both knew the autioneer and had done business with him in the past since he also owned a used equipment company...we were each bidding on some piece of equipment and were right up front of the crowd just in front of him as he was in his chant calling the auction..when he nodded to me to bend over toward him and he whispered - quickly in my ear..you and your buddy are bidding against each other..LOL...We shut up after that ..we did not even realize we were doing that..I have not bid at an auction since..

Be careful with your emotions at an auction...glad he was a friend of ours..Lot of lessons learned that day.
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor
    Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4

I bought my MF205-4 at a farm auction back in 1997. The tractor was over 10 yrs old at the time, with 300 hrs on it. I probably paid a little more than I should have, as I had not done any research before the auction. I should have bought some of the attachments then, as they went for very little. The tractor has served me well, I used it all the time before I bought my first kubota, then it sat for yrs with little usage. Now with my new kubota with the backhoe, I'm using the MF more for 3 pt jobs.
    L3940HSTC, QA FEL, BH92
    L5030HST,QA,FEL
    MF 205-4
    Husqvarna YTH24V48LS (the other orange)
    KK Finish Mower, KK Tiller, 6' rotary mower, Pallet forks, PHD, Blade, Carryall, cultivator, 2 wheel barrows, assorted gardening tools,

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Antonio Carrero TTR4400

I saw those JCB backhoe loaders. They were great! Would have bought one but someone wanted me to work that day. Darn clients! Always getting in the way of my toy feddish.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast