Buying Advice Disappearing Tractor Brands

/ Disappearing Tractor Brands #11  
Don't doubt the Mahindras. They are a force. Amazingly so. I've not seen a tractor company market, spend money, develop a support base, and commit to so many obligations as they have done. They've gone the mile.

They have dealers locally here. My next new rig if I ever have one will be a 25 series.

/ Disappearing Tractor Brands #12  
You mentioned Branson as a brand to avoid but they've been building farm machinery since 1968 and build big John Deeres for the Asian market. They are also the biggest brand in Korea ahead of Kioti. They use Cummins designed engines and I really like mine. It's a real well build heavy tractor I'm convinced they're here to stay, but it's your money.:D

I had a John Deere that I thought was way overpriced and very low tech compared to the Branson, not to mention the price difference.:cool:

You'd think the only tractors made were Kubota, John Deere and New Holland.
I think there's more to it than that.:D

/ Disappearing Tractor Brands
I did not want to offend anybody with my post or look for endorsements from people about which brand they like the best- I just wanted to see if anyone had current info about who is in trouble and who can't supply parts any more. Already I have learned that there is also a gray market too so the tractor business is a very colorful industry. :laughing:

/ Disappearing Tractor Brands #14  
I'm not disagreeing because I don't know but where did you get the information that Branson outsells Daedong (Kioti) in Korea.

Also I believe that the compact New Hollands are made in Korea by LS Cable.

Loren

/ Disappearing Tractor Brands #15  
In 2009 Mahindra sold more tractor units arround the world, than any other tractor company. Yes here in the US Mahindra has a long way to go, but they are a very tenacious bunch, and I wouldn't under estimate them.

I think that the biggest risk would be with a company that only rebadges tractors and manufactures none.

/ Disappearing Tractor Brands #16  
My 1971 International Harvester 3444 TLB is based on a Mahindra tractor, with a British Perkins diesel engine, the BD154-4, and with the FEL built in South Korea. Only the model 3141 backhoe was manufactured here in the states. A global collabration back in 1971.

/ Disappearing Tractor Brands #17  
LAWALLSTRACTOR - could you post the source of that information - I'm interested in the rankings.

I did find this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahindra_Tractors
Mahindra India
Mahindra Tractors is number one in sales in India - the largest tractor market in the world.[8] and it has been the market leader since 1983.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...l-leader-Pawan-Goenka/articleshow/6459090.cms
Its wholly-owned subsidiary — Mahindra USA (MUSA) — has three assembly plants in Texas, Georgia and California that make compact and utility tractors for the local market. The company also operates two joint-venture facilities in China.

“We are on course as per our plan to get the requisite volumes and increase our market share in the world. Tractors are like time-machines for us and should be our first segment to make us true global leaders ,” said Mr Goenka.

Clearly a solid company.

Loren

/ Disappearing Tractor Brands #18  
Bill, I did the same search last summer. I found lots of "rebuilt" Yanmars and Mitsubushi's at great prices. I found worn out Deere's at high prices. I went on the "net" and looked for dealers near my Virginia property. NO Yanmars, (I know Deere uses Yanmar engines) The ONLY Mitsubushi dealer was 250 miles away. Then I started looking at N.Holland...foreign engines and expensive, I noticed that FLORIDA STATE was buying Kubota's......hmmmmm:shocked:..So I started looking at them.....Dealers EVERYWHERE and prices moderate. Good luck... LOOK FOR NEARBY DEALERS.:thumbsup:

/ Disappearing Tractor Brands #19  
Here's food for thought. If you ever go to trade, would a brand name be worth more?

/ Disappearing Tractor Brands #20