12999$ for a ZTR--insane

/ 12999$ for a ZTR--insane #11  
It's all relavent to what your needs are!!

Yep to me,these CUTs are way to over priced for their usefulness. I can buy a 50 hp mfd utility tractor or bigger for the same $$$. To most of you guys the ZTRs are in the same boat. So I wonder what the ZTR buyers think are way too over priced?

/ 12999$ for a ZTR--insane #12  
Lawn service in my part of the country is $75+ an acre. It would cost me over $300 every time someone came out to cut my grass. In the spring and early summer that would be $600 a week. If I had to do it with a small garden tractor it would take me almost 5 hours with breaks. My 61 inch cut gas Bobcat cost less than that half of that diesel and it take me less than 2 hours to cut my grass including lots of break time. Time is money and I feel I save $$ every time I get on that ZTR and fly around the yard.

/ 12999$ for a ZTR--insane #13  
What ZTR owners think is overpriced, $1 for a candy bar at the gas station. Now that is over priced.

/ 12999$ for a ZTR--insane #14  
No kidding, an old candy bar too!

My 4100 can cut my lawn at approximately 7 - 10mph, however it cannot turn or turnaround as fast as a ZTR. However, as others have stated if you only need to cut grass and push a little snow, than the ZTR for about NMT $8500. I use my 4100 for moving large rocks, mulch, snow plowing, grass cutting, post-holing, ..etc. So it works fine and it does speed up all of my cuttiing and plowing chores!

/ 12999$ for a ZTR--insane #15  
For a couple years a Cub 154 Lowboy did the grass in the Summer, and snow in the Winter. Yes, it was a pain swapping deck and blade, and it needed chains in the Winter, but it served well. I can't remember what I paid for the Cub, but think it may have been $1,500 or so back in 1990. At that time, I would have laughed at anyone spending almost ten times that for a CUT. I certainly didn't think a homeowner needed a FEL.

After using the Cub for a while, it seemed like a 3PH would be real nice. The same dealer that I bought the Cub from had a decent Ford 1210 for a reasonable number, so I bought the Ford and sold the Cub privately.

This Spring, we were thinking of a new, or at least newer, tractor to replace the Ford. For some reason, Wifey was convinced we could use a FEL this time. I shopped around, and one dealer gave me a good price on the B7500. Funny how things work out. Only 10 years ago I would have thought someone like me was crazy.

If we weren't willing to pay prices at the levels for the goods we do, the goods would either get cheaper, or disappear. Some things strike me more than others. Yes, I remember buying nice new cars for less than I spent for the Kubota. It wasn't till 1986 that I spent over $13K for a car. It wouldn't mow the lawn, but it seated 5.

Still kinda bothers me to spend close to $400 for a pair of glasses - probably all of $10 worth of metal and plastic...........chim

/ 12999$ for a ZTR--insane #16  
A Yankee Greenback for a candy bar....yoouch!!! I thought it was bad up here,when they cost a frostback!!

/ 12999$ for a ZTR--insane #17  
Lawnmowers are lawnmowers and tractors are tractors. Neither do the others job as well and efficient as the one designed for it. Ted

/ 12999$ for a ZTR--insane #18  
Sounds about right to me. A high quality piece of equipment always costs more up front, its the return that makes up the difference. Until you use a ZTR, you won't understand why they are incredibly superior at what they do. If $13,000 is insane for a very high quality mower, what adjective would you use for professional sports salaries? Rat...

/ 12999$ for a ZTR--insane #19  
<font color=blue>what adjective would you use for professional sports salaries?</font color=blue>

Obscene

/ 12999$ for a ZTR--insane #20  
very good analysis .... not everyone is getting it ... i guess