12999$ for a ZTR--insane

/ 12999$ for a ZTR--insane #31  
We may have hills that are somewhat similar. I was advised that I would have problems with a ZTR and the JD front deck mowers with my terrain. I also went with the 455 and am quite happy with it. It also handles the leaf removal well. If I lived on a flat piece of ground with no trees, I would have a ZTR. Ted

/ 12999$ for a ZTR--insane #32  
I have a CUT and mow with it also. I am satisfied with the quality and the amount of time it takes. I also like the flexibility of use the tractor offers

/ 12999$ for a ZTR--insane #33  
Nuru, I'd like to know what kind of finish mower you're using. If I tried to mow with my 60" Rhino fm that fast (7-10mph), the cut would be awful, plus the tractor would probably buck me off.

/ 12999$ for a ZTR--insane #34  
no much to to add here! but the best is the exmark who's cut is excellent, empties in one day of mowing two tanks, whereas i mow for two days with the kubota Z21D and drive up to the pump still with some vapors left.

/ 12999$ for a ZTR--insane #35  
You have the "King of the Hill" in mowing. My local dealer says he rarely sells the big mowers like yours. Need larger areas for mowers like yours (ie. golf courses, bigger companies, multi acre yards etc.) Front mount decks are certainly easier to sharpen or change blades.
Many guys I see have the side exhaust covers raised up or removed completely when mowing with the ZTRs. I wonder how long it will be before I damage mine or destroy it.

/ 12999$ for a ZTR--insane #36  
radman-

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.toro.com/professional/lce/zmaster/z350/index.html>Mine</A> isn't very big - the deck is only 48". It is basically a clone of the Walker.

Side exhausts are really in the way when you add a grass catcher/vacuum hose to it. With the rear exhaust, I can trim against either side. I demoed a 52" side discharge with grass catcher and knocked the assembly pretty hard and had several near misses in my front yard.

This was the easiest year yet for cleaning up fall leaves. More frequent stops at the compost pile, but just the normal mowing did the trick.

/ 12999$ for a ZTR--insane #37  
This looks exactly like a Walker ... how does it compare in price? ...
Leo

/ 12999$ for a ZTR--insane #38  
DavidInNh- Sorry, I thought yours was probably a 72" deck. Still a great looking machine and works great for you. Yes the side discharge can be a PITA.

/ 12999$ for a ZTR--insane #39  
I don't know, the closest Walker dealer was a few states away. Toro and Skag both make similar machines. I test drove a Skag, but it was more expensive than the Toro and I really liked the Toro dealer. He brought two different machines to my house (~1 hour) and left them for a week each.