Price Check 2006 John Deere x575

/ 2006 John Deere x575 #1  

par4n1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Deere x575
I have been looking to purchase a John Deere X series.(x320,324) I have a friend whos co-worker is selling a 2006 JD x575 4x4 under 200 hrs and a quick hitch snow blade. The tractor has been garage kept and he wants 5000.00 is this a good deal or a deal I need to jump on fast? I was never looking at such a nice tractor but now hearing about this makes my mouth water. I can use a 4x4 to climb the steep 30* hill in my back yard where the x300 series has a limited tuff torque K54 trasaxle. I have two properties totaling 2 acres.
Thank you,

/ 2006 John Deere x575 #2  
What you're looking at there is the same as the X700 series of today. They are awesome machines, treated right might last a lifetime depending on your age. There's no comparison between the X575 and X300 series, not saying there's anything wrong with the X300 series but the X575 is a killer machine. Does he have the mower deck? If I needed one I'd jump on it.

Go here and put X575 into the search blank and see what shows up and it might give you some idea of a price.

Used Farm & Agricultural Equipment - John Deere MachineFinder

/ 2006 John Deere x575
yes it has a 54 inch deck. I have not seen the tractor in person yet but I am told it has no rust but the deck has normal scratches. I am told the he tractor is in excelent condishion and being sold due to a death and hardship. I have looked at the very few for sale on the web but they seem to be from dealers who sell very high. I am just concerned that there is no warranty on such a large sum of money where the new tractors have 4 years from JD. It would also seem that if this is a good deal that I could always resale it in a few years and not take too big a hit?

/ 2006 John Deere x575 #4  
The price he is asking would be less than half of a new machine, deck and blade. If I could have found a deal like that locally it would have been in my shed asap!! I ended up buying a new x720 which is a 2wd version of the x575.

/ 2006 John Deere x575
thanks for the vote of confidence. I went and viewed it today and while it has only 178 hrs it appears to have been used on a farm and and not just a personal yard but it looks real good. I took a few pictures I will try and post them. I told the owner i accepted his price of 4500.00. I didnt realize but along with the snow blade it also comes with 5 jd 44lbs weights

I tried to download 2 picts. please take a look at the picture of the motor and look at the gaskets around the block. Do the gaskets look like they extend past the block (like a non factory gasket install) does it look to anyone that this motor has been rebuilt. I have nothing to compair the look to but i would think from the factory gaskets would be flush to the block and not extend past.
Thank you

Attachments

• DSC01019.jpg
    DSC01019.jpg
    836.4 KB · Views: 1,312
  • DSC01014.jpg
    DSC01014.jpg
    604.7 KB · Views: 660
   / 2006 John Deere x575
I wasn't too sure if the picture i posted of the engine was able to have the zoom feature for you members. I can open the picture then zoom in on it. It could be I am viewing the picture via my hard drive and not through the tractor's web site. It shows great detail of a whiteish gasket material. It may be the water pump I am not too sure. If it were a car engine it is near where the waterpump would be although there is no visable belt

With that said the area with the gasket question is the front of the OHV valve cover, just below some throttle linkage and a spring. I will do a search on the Kawasaki motor to try and learn a bit. John Deere has no recored of any repairs on the tractor but they do show oil and filter kits being bought from owner. While I am not looking for a reason to back out of the deal I do want a tractor that that is reliable. This is still alot of money and I can't have it checked out at a jd dealership. Thanks for all your opinions

/ 2006 John Deere x575 #8  
Buy it. It's a great buy at $4500.

/ 2006 John Deere x575
Thank you I'll be getting it this Saturday.

/ 2006 John Deere x575 #10  
The blade looks like it was never used. I like the black side panel retention devices better than what our X720 has, it just has pegs on the back of the panels pushed through rubber grommets. Those sides have to come off a lot during mowing season to clean the screen behind the radiator. How do the tires look, might be an indication as to whether the hour meter is correct.