Comparison In a 32 to 35 hp

/ In a 32 to 35 hp #11  
There are a lot of different things to note on the tractors you are looking at. What tranny do you want or prefer, gear, hydro, there are several options there. What kind of capacities do you require? Do you plan to move a lot of earth or lift heavy loads? Terrain also means the stance needs to be right so you don't lay the machine on its side. With Deere's 3000 series tractors, they are real good tractors, but the 3x20s are tippy on hills and with the tires in the narrow stance (small R4s) the tractor is slightly under 5 feet wide. I drove a B3300SU and it was much larger than the 3x20 tractors and felt like more machine due to its size. Do you plan to use multiple implements? Having the quick hitch for both the FEL and 3 point is a life saver when it comes to easy implement swapping. As said before, try each machine out, whichever feels the best to you is the one you will end up getting. Its great to have you as a TBN member and let us know when you pull the trigger on the new machine so we can congratulate you. :thumbsup::)

/ In a 32 to 35 hp #12  
Take down the things you want to do and then get any of the tractors you mentioned that best fits your needs but future as well. One thing that should not be overlooked is the DEALER! Get one who will be there, treat you right, if anything goes wrong. Don't be afraid to ask around to see who is a good one.
You might want to get one a little stronger than the suggested size. New Holland used to have a web site where you could calculate the size tractor you need. I got a size up from that and have never been sorry for doing so. Good luck and good tractoring.:thumbsup:

/ In a 32 to 35 hp #13  
Eliminate those which don't offer online parts and parts diagram lookup. That allows you to see what things look like when and if its time to repair, replace or add.

I have J.D. and N.H. equipment and enjoy the use of the free parts lookup. This shows attachment options, assembly diagrams, part numbers and even cost of many parts.

I don't know which others on your list of brands have this choice but its been very important to me for new parts, options, attachments and aftermarket equivalents, and eBay purchases of used stuff for my machinery. Yeah I have the $64 parts book for them, but sometimes its nice to have other model options.

/ In a 32 to 35 hp #14  
sorry i have 10 acres, previous pasture land, mainly just maintaining the property, driveway and minor tree removal, nothing major but I like to "play" (just get out and piddle) thanks

So, what's your "piddling" budget?

My 10 acres is flat pasture and I maintained it with a 2005 Kubota B7510HST (21 hp engine, 17 hp pto, 4WD, hydrostatic tranny, power steering, class 1 3-point hitch) with the LA302 FEL (4-ft wide bucket, 800 lb lift) and a 4-ft rotary mower (aka brush hog, bush hog, shredder, slasher). Cost new: $12600 plus tax. The mower was a King Kutter from Tractor Supply ($500 or so).

I traded that 7510 in 2008 for a new Mahindra 5525 (54 hp engine, 45 hp pto, 2WD, gear tranny, power steering, Class 1 or 2 3-point hitch) with the ML250 FEL (6-ft wide bucket, 2950 lb lift) when I got tired of mowing weeds and decided to become a hay farmer (oat hay, small square bales--my present version of "piddling around"). Cost new: $18K plus about $1150 for a 6-ft Hawkline brush hog.

The 7510 was my first tractor and it did what I needed it to do while my new house and outbuildings were being constructed. But I outgrew it quickly when I got interested in other things that required a larger tractor.

Moral of story: think hard about your plans for the next 5 years and size the tractor accordingly.

P.S.--be advised that tractors can be addictive. I'm deeply into tractor restoration--I have 5 tractors now and my wish list has another 5.

/ In a 32 to 35 hp #15  
Physical tractor size is definitely something to consider. We have a 39 hp with a FEL and BH. The front bucket is 5' wide and the BH will dig to 7' depth.

We were looking to upgrade to a Kubota TLB39. It also has a 39 hp motor, however, it has a 6' front bucket, digs to 10' deep and has a higher lift capacity.

HP is not the only spec to look at. That said, HP is still important. You have to make sure the tractor has the size you need, but also the power needed to do the jobs you intend and run the attachment you plan to use.

Since a tractor lasts waaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than a car (or even your cherished truck) make the right choice up front.

Even though we are experienced tractor users (I have been running them for 50 years my Father-in-law for 70 years) and have more than one tractor, we still could have made a better selection when we bought the tractor with the FEL and BH.

Make sure you sit on whatever you think you might want. If it is not comfortable FOR YOU, don't buy it. It will not get any more comfortable. Make sure YOU can reach all the controls needed to operate it and that it feels natural to use them. This will go a long way in picking the right machine FOR YOU.

/ In a 32 to 35 hp #17  
I have been looking for site like this....

new to the tractor business...bought a farm with a gray market yanmar b1500...been a wonderful tractor...but looking for a new one....I think a subcompact...I only have 10 acres..looked at cub cadet 2350, kubota bx2450 and the jd 2305 all with loader and backhoe.....also an ls 3010...with 28 hp...loader and backhoe....cant make up my mind...ls and cub have the best warranty.....all will give me about $2000 for my yanmar...kubota would be about 13,900, cub would be 15,000, jd is 16,500...the ls is 16,500 ...it is a compact tractor almost twice the wt of the subcompacts....would appreciate any opionion.....thanks

/ In a 32 to 35 hp #18  
The increased weight will greatly increase the capabilities of the tractor.

/ In a 32 to 35 hp #19  
The LS is way more tractor than the others you are considering. And I think the others are too small. I'd look at the next size up: Kubota B3030, JD2520, Kioti CK35, Bobcat CT235, MF1500 series, Mahindra 2800 series. Don't buy too small and regret it later. No substitute for PTO HP, weight, and hydraulic flow. Include these features in your selection process.

/ In a 32 to 35 hp #20  
The LS is way more tractor than the others you are considering. And I think the others are too small. I'd look at the next size up: Kubota B3030, JD2520, Kioti CK35, Bobcat CT235, MF1500 series, Mahindra 2800 series. Don't buy too small and regret it later. No substitute for PTO HP, weight, and hydraulic flow. Include these features in your selection process.

I agree. You need to compare apples to apples. You are comparing a CUT (compact utility tractor) to SCUT's (Sub compact Utility Tractor(s) of other manufactures.

But I would compair to the L series in kubota and the 3000 series in JD, not the B's and 2x20 series.