Comparison In a 32 to 35 hp

/ In a 32 to 35 hp #1  

jacobsdaddy06

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF1240
Please give reasons on what manufacturer to go with and why please, Deere, new holland, mahindra they are the 3 closest dealers to me. And a kioti dealer about 50 miles away. Thanks for all replies!

/ In a 32 to 35 hp #2  
Have you looked at all of them? They are all good machines. Sit on each and every one of them. Drive as many as you can. Get a feel for where the controls are and how they all work. Double check lift capacities and actual tractor dimensions. How are the dealers and their service departments if that will be a concern of yours. Free pick up and delivery when purchased, when there is a problem under warranty, out of warranty, or how much will they charge you for said service if you would need it?

Try to compare what one has standard and others may have as options and what all is even available as an option. Are you going to need implements to go with the tractor? If so which dealer will give you any kind of a deal and what quality of implements do they sell? Are you going gear or HST? Do you like the location of the shifters and or pedals?
Many things to consider.

/ In a 32 to 35 hp #3  
You could always do what my wife does when she buys a car. Get the one that has the color you like. Then later if you don't like it, trade it for a different one:mur:

/ In a 32 to 35 hp #4  
If we don't know what your chores are and the land you will be doing them on, our advice is just a color preference.

Info us up.

/ In a 32 to 35 hp
sorry i have 10 acres, previous pasture land, mainly just maintaining the property, driveway and minor tree removal, nothing major but I like to "play" (just get out and piddle) thanks

/ In a 32 to 35 hp #6  
Have you looked at all of them? They are all good machines. Sit on each and every one of them. Drive as many as you can. Get a feel for where the controls are and how they all work. Double check lift capacities and actual tractor dimensions. How are the dealers and their service departments if that will be a concern of yours. Free pick up and delivery when purchased, when there is a problem under warranty, out of warranty, or how much will they charge you for said service if you would need it?

Try to compare what one has standard and others may have as options and what all is even available as an option. Are you going to need implements to go with the tractor? If so which dealer will give you any kind of a deal and what quality of implements do they sell? Are you going gear or HST? Do you like the location of the shifters and or pedals?
Many things to consider.

X2; good advice for all applications.

/ In a 32 to 35 hp #8  
Well, my first advise would be instead of shopping for HP, Shop for the Physical size of tractor you want. The Most manufactures offer a couple of different size classes in that range.

I references some kubotas, even though you didn't mention them, they would be another good one to look at if you have a dealer.

But basically, you can get a 32HP tractor (Kubota B3200) that weighs in at 1700lbs. OR you could get a kioti DK35 that weighs in at 3700lbs. HUGE difference in tractor, yet both still in the HP you are looking for. And of course everything in between.

Kioti also offers a CK35 which is about 500lbs lighter.

Mahindra offers the 3316 @ about 2500lbs, and also the 3510 at 1000lbs more.

Kubota has the already mentioned B3200 @ 1700lbs, they have the L3400 @ 2600lbs, and they also have the L3540 @ 3300lbs.

All of these, as well as NH, MF, deere, all make good tractors and I doubt you will go wrong with any of them. But the reason I point out the size differences is for comparison purposes. Most of these MFG's make a smaller 32-35 tractor, as well as one a little bit larger. TOO many times I see people trying to compair one of the larger from x mfg to a smaller one from y mfg. You need to keep it apples to apples.

For example, the bota L3400 is close to the Mahindra 3316 in weight and most specs. The kubota L3540 and mahindra 3510 are also close, but bigger than the first two. So dont compair the L3400 to the 3510, or the L3540 to the 3316, because it is going to look like one MFG is far superior when indeed you just arent compairing the right tractors to one another.

/ In a 32 to 35 hp #10  
Something to take a look at as well is the "Reviews" menu at the top of the screen. Once you've decided on a couple of machines, see what some of the TBN members have to say about it.;)

I was looking at a John Deere not that long ago, and came and checked the reviews for that particular model. Negative commentary steered me away from that machine. :D

Couple weeks later I was at the Kubota dealer who'd taken it on trade and mentioned it to me. I mentioned the concerns expressed in the reviews and he didn't even blink, just a sheepish smirk. Clearly he knew that the unit was a problem child.:thumbsup:

Just tryin' to help you avoid an expensive lesson.:mad::mur: