Importing/Purchasing from Canada back to USA

/ Importing/Purchasing from Canada back to USA #11  
Oh my...illegal alien dirt and horse crap gets more attention from the border guards than invaders on our southern border do. What's wrong with this picture folks?

Same thing that's wrong with (some) unions..........check out the recently added "high paying job" thread.

-Jer.

/ Importing/Purchasing from Canada back to USA #12  
Now if only America would make it as difficult for illegal aliens to enter our country as Canada and the USA make it to conduct trade between our two countries.

i'm sure if you can prove that said farm implement has been persecuted for religious and/or political reasons, you will have no trouble importing it. in fact, there's probably some federal program with grant money available to help :/

/ Importing/Purchasing from Canada back to USA #13  
i'm sure if you can prove that said farm implement has been persecuted for religious and/or political reasons, you will have no trouble importing it. in fact, there's probably some federal program with grant money available to help :/

Absolutely!! Your implement will have free prescription drugs for 2 years, no tax, job creation programs, etc, etc, etc. I'm even gonna offer your implement a job, such that it has an 'equal opportunity'.

-Jer.

/ Importing/Purchasing from Canada back to USA #14  
I think I am on the right track now. A gentleman from ABC customs called and said they could take of anything we need to ship into Canada. They (ABC Customs) use a "Short Form" Power of Attorney. He said: "Typically the company or person buying the equipment in Canada from the US is the Importer with Canada Customs. The reason for this is that any of the GST or HST taxes can be applied for in a refund from Revenue Canada by the Canadian Importer for any GST or HST tax they paid to import it into Canada." He went on to explain to me that I would just email the Canadian customer the 1 page "Short Form" for POA and the customer would fill it out and send it to the broker. ABC would handle everything from there. What do you guys think? Ken Sweet

/ Importing/Purchasing from Canada back to USA #17  
Good Luck with everything.

( Off topic slightly)Just had a tarp roll system put on my trailer truck, had it done in Canada. Got charged $200 is GST/HST. Could not get it back. used to could, but not now. Still was done for less money than in the states.

Also, off topic. true story...Had made a nice roast beef sandwich for my lunch. Went into Canada, upon re-entering into the US. Asked if i had any beef on board? Why yes,.........it's my lunch..... they took my sandwich!! took one quick bite, but i could not enter the US with my roast beef sandwich. This was when the Mad Cow disease was all the rage.

/ Importing/Purchasing from Canada back to USA #18  
It would be when they took my sandwich, as they say, thats when the fiight started. LOL zman :D

/ Importing/Purchasing from Canada back to USA #19  
Good Luck with everything.

( Off topic slightly)Just had a tarp roll system put on my trailer truck, had it done in Canada. Got charged $200 is GST/HST. Could not get it back. used to could, but not now. Still was done for less money than in the states.

Also, off topic. true story...Had made a nice roast beef sandwich for my lunch. Went into Canada, upon re-entering into the US. Asked if i had any beef on board? Why yes,.........it's my lunch..... they took my sandwich!! took one quick bite, but i could not enter the US with my roast beef sandwich. This was when the Mad Cow disease was all the rage.

Went to Baja with some friends on their old school bus that had some meat left in freezer from previous trip, still in Safeway wrapper, bought in U.S. and confiscated by U.S. customs because you can't bring in meat.

/ Importing/Purchasing from Canada back to USA #20  
That's combined with the PST - together making the "Harmonized" ST.

Scotch, do you have to pay 12% at the border?? Or is it GST at the border, and then the 7% is the honor system??

The 7% PST used to be the honour system at the border, but assume that since it is one tax, it will be 12%. I've not been across the border since the HST came into effect.