Looking to buy a new tractor 30 40 hp

/ Looking to buy a new tractor 30 40 hp #1  

bironacad

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland 3045/2010
Hello I am new to this forum and would like some help.

I am in the market for a new FWD tractor that will do snow, a five foot bush hog, and some dirt moving. I have been looking at the New Holland 3040 and the Massey Ferguson 1600 but I am relatively new so would like some input with those that have experience. Suggestions for alternate tractors welcome my cousin says I should look at the Kubotas?

Thanks

/ Looking to buy a new tractor 30 40 hp #2  
Hello bironacad, welcome to TBN! Glad to see you posting. Hope you enjoy being a member of our community. :)

/ Looking to buy a new tractor 30 40 hp #3  
I think you would be verry pleased with the Massey. verry well built and hard working tractor that will do everything you need it to. But I think you will be fine will any of the major brands and look into your dealer service, make shure they are someone who will be there when you need them. In my opion that is verry inportant.:thumbsup:

/ Looking to buy a new tractor 30 40 hp #4  
Welcome to the forum. I have a 42 hp Kubota which is great for me. Whatever you sit on and like is the right one. If you are getting from a dealer sit on several and get a feeling for how the dealer treats/works with you.

/ Looking to buy a new tractor 30 40 hp
I have been to the local Massey dealer and the New Holland dealer and did not get the feeling that the Massey dealer new what he was about. It seems the common wisdom in the threads that I have looked at is to find a dealer close who is also reputable. Me and my cousin will be doing a lot of sitting and trying out though, lol. Any suggestions on how to check a dealers rep?

/ Looking to buy a new tractor 30 40 hp #6  
I have a kubota, have been happy with it, and the fact they have close to 50% of the compact market should say something. I've been considering a kioti DK40 because it seems like you get a lot standard equipemnt for your $. Not as many dealers so that's a negative. Based on specs they shape up pretty well to the comparable kubota except for loader capacity which is a crazy 2600 lbs for the DK40. Also comes with one hydraulic remote on the rear, telescoping 3 pt lower arms, quick detach bucket, airride seat, 2 three pt control levers, (one reachable from seat and one from back of tractor when you're on the ground hooking up the implement). Same tractors as the bobcats (same company makes both, different pain schemes.

Anyway I'd do a head to head comparison with both dealers and any other ones you were considering and see what the $ difference is. Anyhow thats my 2 cents from a happy kubota owner.

Thanks Gerald will do, just uploaded a picture of my Farmall which still runs and was wondering why I couldn't see it?

Right there it is thanks for the input I will be looking to other threads for info, any thread suggestions?

/ Looking to buy a new tractor 30 40 hp #8  
Welcome to TBN!!! Most of the major brands have good offerings in that size.

/ Looking to buy a new tractor 30 40 hp #9  
Thanks Gerald will do, just uploaded a picture of my Farmall which still runs and was wondering why I couldn't see it?

Right there it is thanks for the input I will be looking to other threads for info, any thread suggestions?

When I was looking I perused all the owner sections for the various brands and tried to see how many "issues," problems etc there were with the various brands. While didn't do any "scientific" type analysis, it did appear to me that the other brands seemed to have more "issues" than kubota, which is why I settled on orange at the time. I would do the same thing if I were you, paying particular attention to those owners who own tractors in your hp range. You can always send them a PM for further input. Simple question is always, knowing what you know now, would you buy this tractor again? I hear a lot of people talk about dealer service being important as a factor however I always kind of hoped not to need warranty work. I bought my tractor from north carolina and had it shipped here. 10 years old, 1000 hours, never needed warranty work so dealer was a moot point. Would I buy it again? Yes for reliability but now I want different features and would like to try HST. Also want a live pto, a little more lift capacity, and a little more power. While I WOULD by another kubota, I'm looking at kioti because it appears you get more for your money though I don't KNOW this to be true yet as I haven't priced them yet.

Take some time, learn about all the different options, and read read read. live pto is better for doing snowblower and mowing. hst nice for infinite speed range and abilityto ease into things, better for loader work etc. telescoping lower arms make hooking up implements much easier and a rear remote allows you an hydraulic top link which allows easy top link adjustment on the fly. (Useful when box blading, using a back blade, snowblower, and hooking up implements).

Most of all keep an open mind realizing many people have an unjustified bias towrds the brand they own as the "best." Not sure if anyone can really make that claim unless they've either owned or knew someone who owned all the comparable brands.

Also want a live pto, a little more lift capacity, and a little more power. While I WOULD by another kubota, I'm looking at kioti because it appears you get more for your money though I don't KNOW this to be true yet as I haven't priced them yet.

Take some time, learn about all the different options, and read read read. live pto is better for doing snowblower and mowing. hst nice for infinite speed range and abilityto ease into things, better for loader work etc. telescoping lower arms make hooking up implements much easier and a rear remote allows you an hydraulic top link which allows easy top link adjustment on the fly. (Useful when box blading, using a back blade, snowblower, and hooking up implements).

Most of all keep an open mind .

Thanks this is the the sort of information that I was looking for. My cousin has a Belerus and blows snow. He has mentioned the live pto would be good to keep the snow moving to clear his shute when stopped. I am really new to this so the information here is really appreciated.

Thanks