New Bobcat CT230 or 2007 Kubota B26

/ New Bobcat CT230 or 2007 Kubota B26 #1  

finestusa

Tractor
Kubota
Okay, first this is a great website for info. I looking at a new Bobcat CT230 with a 80x back hoe or should I go with 2007 Kubota B26 with a thumb back hoe that has 370 hrs. It痴 going to be used for commercial, construction and landscaping

/ New Bobcat CT230 or 2007 Kubota B26 #2  
I'm a little biased and think the B26 would be the best of the two. Both will do the work but I think Kubota makes a solid product that will last and you can resell for good dollars.

/ New Bobcat CT230 or 2007 Kubota B26 #3  
I own the CT230. Better features and rugged built. Better service from my dealer than I ever got from Kubota.

/ New Bobcat CT230 or 2007 Kubota B26
Thanks for the info, back in the 80's the word BOBCAT was the name. But friends tell me Kubota's hold their value. Are both the same work horse? If they are the Bobcat is newer and cheaper than the used Kubota?

/ New Bobcat CT230 or 2007 Kubota B26 #5  
I would think that they would be close in performance. How much of a price difference is there? Do you feel that you need to consider the warranty? If you're going to sell it off in a few years, you would probably get a better resale value with the Kubota.

Just a few of the things that you may need to consider.

/ New Bobcat CT230 or 2007 Kubota B26 #6  
The B26 was designed from the beginning to be a commercial TLB. It has greater lift capacity at the FEL and 3 point as well as a stronger backhoe.

For commercial construction and landscaping use I would choose a B21 over the CT230.

The CT230 would be better suited to a small hobby farm than the B26.

Kubota's do hold their value very well. If you want to spend less have a look at a B21. I also would choose the B26, B21, L35, L39, L45, L48, etc commercial TLBs over the non TLB Kubota models for your usage.

/ New Bobcat CT230 or 2007 Kubota B26 #7  
Do they really even compare? Not the same class of tractor. The B26 is perfect for the contractor/landscaper. Its built to last. Look at the specs, they are pretty impressive for its size.
Bobcat has had a great name in the industry for years. One reason is because of how solid the skidsteers are built and the other because they use Kubota engines. The Bobcat tractors have neither.
If you really like the Bobcat tractors, you might as well buy a Kioti and save a few thousand. Thats what Bobcat does. Its just a Kioti with a cheaper white paint job. No joke, same machine and engine.
I say this because I was also comparing the same two tractors about 6 months ago and wound up with the B26

/ New Bobcat CT230 or 2007 Kubota B26 #8  
I'd say go with you're comfortable with. I looked at alot the last few months, if you buy new you have a warranty. If you're like me I didn't and still don't plan on selling or trading my tractor anytime soon, so resale value wasn't an issue for me. I went with the dealer that spent more time with me answering even the stupid questions. When my tractor was delivered, he spent a better of 2+ hrs here on my property showing me how and what I should use on the road, pasture, inclines, ect. I felt good about my purchase, and I still do. If used is the way you want to go, then make sure you take a good look at it. Happy shopping:thumbsup:

/ New Bobcat CT230 or 2007 Kubota B26 #9  
If you really like the Bobcat tractors, you might as well buy a Kioti and save a few thousand. Thats what Bobcat does. Its just a Kioti with a cheaper white paint job. No joke, same machine and engine.

Odd, every time I've priced out Bobcats and Kioti's it's always been the Kioti that was a couple thousand more expensive than the Bobcat of the same machine.

/ New Bobcat CT230 or 2007 Kubota B26 #10  
Odd, every time I've priced out Bobcats and Kioti's it's always been the Kioti that was a couple thousand more expensive than the Bobcat of the same machine.

You said it, "ODD" . Just priced them in July and my price quotes were as I said. I'm not making it up. Thats what they were. Maybe the dealers in your neck of the woods have different prices. Who knows.