Comparison Kubota or John Deere

/ Kubota or John Deere #31  
Gear transmissions get more of the engines power to the ground and PTO. I must say m Deere HST 3520 has cruise control upgrade which I think is fantastic. For large field mowing, I use a New Holland 2120 with a hydraulic shuttle shift (gear) tranny which is great.

/ Kubota or John Deere
The deer I like does not have an option for folding rops. So I would not fit in my building.

/ Kubota or John Deere #33  
since you will get a good tractor either way (although I prefer Kubota), it really comes down to price and dealer. You're gonna need parts and service eventually and it is just easier when the dealer is a good one.

/ Kubota or John Deere #34  
Well for me that would be a big deal... Not just going into the garage:D but more where I use the tractor. Use it mostly on the hunting property and some of our roads are really not roads. Very hard to get the ROPS up and go down them.. Pines are planted in rows and NO way getting down them with ROPS up... Really couldnt till or cut along our food plots with all the tree limbs hanging out... I like the folding ROPS...

AndyG

Attachments

• IMG_1383.jpg
    IMG_1383.jpg
    560.5 KB · Views: 144
   / Kubota or John Deere #35  
towlesj said:
ok I am getting down to just a few more models/choices.

I am looking at the JD 3038e and the Kubota L3700su
both with loaders and both industrial tires.(both are hydro trans)

but I am also kinda twisted, thinking about the trans set up.

gear or hydro?

I could do a similar model from each w/ gear.

I see some advantages of the hydro set up, however I know the cost of repairs are much higher, not counting the 1200-1600 up front cost also.

any help would be awesome!

thanks

JT

I would most defiantly get hydrostatic its the best thing on a tractor. Kubota are nicer in my opinion

/ Kubota or John Deere
I am working with a couple dealers trying to get my best buy. Looks like I may be making a small road trip to buy.

/ Kubota or John Deere
Wow. Well I didn't know that a dealer could tell you to take it back to where you got it,if you need warranty work. I guess its a good thing I had a friend call a dealer and ask. Because I was about to drive 5 hrs to save some money. But I don't think I would buy from the local dealer now that I know how they are. Interesting. I would think they would want my other buys as well because I'm sure the mark up is higher % on filters blades fluids bucket attachments ect. than there is in a tractor.

/ Kubota or John Deere #38  
Wow. Well I didn't know that a dealer could tell you to take it back to where you got it,if you need warranty work. I guess its a good thing I had a friend call a dealer and ask. Because I was about to drive 5 hrs to save some money. But I don't think I would buy from the local dealer now that I know how they are. Interesting. I would think they would want my other buys as well because I'm sure the mark up is higher % on filters blades fluids bucket attachments ect. than there is in a tractor.

I dont think they can but if they said that I am not sure I would want them working on my tractor anyway. Of course if they told me that I would contact the Kubota or JD to complain about the dealer. Randy

/ Kubota or John Deere
Well still looks like I'm driving 2 hrs to get a better deal. My note will be about 40 bucks a month less. And I don't here of very many warranty problems that people deal with.so I'm thinking that saving up front from a better dealer 2 hrs away is better than dealing with the other 3 dealers with in a 50 mile drive.

/ Kubota or John Deere #40  
Well still looks like I'm driving 2 hrs to get a better deal. My note will be about 40 bucks a month less. And I don't here of very many warranty problems that people deal with.so I'm thinking that saving up front from a better dealer 2 hrs away is better than dealing with the other 3 dealers with in a 50 mile drive.

If your new tractor is set up correctly by the dealer and you take care of it, it should not need to go back for service much, if at all. When people have trouble with a new tractor, it often seems to stem from improper dealer set up, so make sure the dealer quoting a good price has some good people working in the shop.