Comparison Kubota or John Deere

/ Kubota or John Deere #1  

towlesj

Tractor
not yet sure
ok I am getting down to just a few more models/choices.

I am looking at the JD 3038e and the Kubota L3700su
both with loaders and both industrial tires.(both are hydro trans)

but I am also kinda twisted, thinking about the trans set up.

gear or hydro?

I could do a similar model from each w/ gear.

I see some advantages of the hydro set up, however I know the cost of repairs are much higher, not counting the 1200-1600 up front cost also.

any help would be awesome!

thanks

JT

/ Kubota or John Deere #2  
I have owned both Kubotas and JDs, both are good overall. I have also owned both geared and hydra trans too. If you are doing much loader work, the hrydra is the way to go without question. The newer hydra trans have been very reliable and resale is easier too.

/ Kubota or John Deere #3  
Have u looked at the MF1500 or 1600 series

/ Kubota or John Deere
Don't know of a mf dealer around Memphis, Tm area

/ Kubota or John Deere #5  
Both great tractors. But I sure do like my L3700SUhst. :thumbsup:

/ Kubota or John Deere #6  
I agree both the John Deere and Kubota are great tractors as well as some other brands, but I will stick with the question asked.

I have owned/own both and your personally preferences are going to make the right decision for you. Consider brake placement etc.

As to gear/hydro, I own and use both. I will never buy a CUT with gears. Use the SEARCH feature and settle in for several hours of interesting reading on this subject.

Good luck.

/ Kubota or John Deere
TripleR said:
I agree both the John Deere and Kubota are great tractors as well as some other brands, but I will stick with the question asked.

I have owned/own both and your personally preferences are going to make the right decision for you. Consider brake placement etc.

As to gear/hydro, I own and use both. I will never buy a CUT with gears. Use the SEARCH feature and settle in for several hours of interesting reading on this subject.

Good luck.

Brakes ?

/ Kubota or John Deere #8  
   / Kubota or John Deere #9  
if you price both JD an kubotas,youll prolly find the kub will be cheaper.

/ Kubota or John Deere #10  
How about posting some of the prices? There is a new holland dealer in south mem. Personally I don't dealing with like Kalb equipment.Wootens in Covington, Tn is very friendly.