when do the New Models come out?

/ when do the New Models come out? #1  

Gobblin Tom

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 JD 2520
I have been looking at a JD2320 or JD2520 and I was wondering if anyone knows when the 2011 models come out?

/ when do the New Models come out? #2  
The tractor manufacturers don't really have "model years" like car companies do. They'll continue to make a particular model for several years, until technology and/or competition inspires the need to bring out a new one. But, I don't follow the John Deere model offerings very closely... they may or may not be due for a new model. One of the JD folks will be able to advise.

/ when do the New Models come out? #3  
the 2011s come out when they run out of the 2010s on their lots.

/ when do the New Models come out? #4  
The tractor manufacturers don't really have "model years" like car companies do. They'll continue to make a particular model for several years, until technology and/or competition inspires the need to bring out a new one. But, I don't follow the John Deere model offerings very closely... they may or may not be due for a new model. One of the JD folks will be able to advise.

Deere is coming out with a new SCUT, the 1026 I believe. It will be a replacement for the 2305 and a be a direct competitor to the BX-25. The big news on this model is that it has a transmission radiator instead of the breakage prone fan that this current Kubota and Deere products have.

/ when do the New Models come out?
Don't you think it would make sense to have a current year? If I bought a 2010 model now it seems like it wouldn't be worth as much as the 2011 model? Unless I got a good price break for the 2010?? Or does it just go by hours on a tractor?

/ when do the New Models come out? #6  
Tractors are funny when you start looking at what they are worth. You can't just go on year and hours etc. I rather have a tractor used by a homeowner that has 1000 hours then a tractor used by a logging company for 300 hours. Also doing the services are a big deal. You will find that most used tractors are close to the cost of a new tractor ;)

/ when do the New Models come out? #7  
Don't you think it would make sense to have a current year? If I bought a 2010 model now it seems like it wouldn't be worth as much as the 2011 model? Unless I got a good price break for the 2010?? Or does it just go by hours on a tractor?

If there is no model change or it hasn't sat on the lot in the weather for an extended time, I really don't think it makes any difference.

/ when do the New Models come out? #8  
when the new models come out it's time to get a new calander! :)

soundguy

/ when do the New Models come out? #9  
I just took delivery on a 4720 2011...if this helps