looking to buy

/ looking to buy
Soundguy ,
There's a lot to digest in your post.
Thanks for taking the time to help me out . I noticed you mentioned Mahindras .... We do have a local dealer. Turner Tractors in Evans city . They deal with a lot of used and new stuff . I've heard from others that they are reputable and willing to back what they sell . I think I might as well see what thay have to offer . Again... thanks for taking the time to lend a hand . John

/ looking to buy #12  
<font color=blue>There's a lot to digest in your post.
Thanks for taking the time to help me out . I noticed you mentioned Mahindras

<font color=black>I hope you can sift through and find something good amongst my ramblings.

As for mahindra.. they are fairly reminiscient of the IH and case tractors.... much in the same way that tthe lon-agracat tractors are reminiscient of older ford designs ( of course.. I beleive they do have a licensing agreement whereas long bought the old patten rights to the designs ).

Good luck!

happy thanksgiving to all!

Soundguy

/ looking to buy #13  
If I had $15,000 to spend on a tractor/loader combo, I would probably go with a Kioti 3054 (I'm pretty sure you can get the combo for under $15,000). It is suitable for a backhoe as well. If you could spring a little more, or wait on a loader as funds become available, I would move up to the DK series and get a little more modern style tractor for the money (in my humble opinion, there is nothing wrong with the LK Kiotis, but the DKs are just a little nicer).

I also concur about the Mahindras. If I hadn't bought a Kioti, I would have bought a Mahindra. A word of caution though - there are at least three "types" of Mahindras - those made in Korea by TYM (I think) using Daedong-Kioti engines, those mentioned by Soundguy that a reminiscent of the older IH tractors (and you can buy a new one for under $9,000) and the newer-style Mahindras, mostly 2wd but the largest available in the US is available as a 4wd) that are made in India and have a newer styling than the old IH take-offs.

I also recommend investigating the grey market tractors, particularly Yanmars. Most of those tractors are excellent quality and support is really not an issue, especially if you buy from a reputable retailer like Len Sheaffer or Little Miami, etc.

Good luck with your search. Take it easy.

Tim Gray

/ looking to buy #14  
Hi John welcome to TBN:
I,m here to tell you that there are some good deals out there, and from the big three also. If your willing to compromise on some of the nicer but not necessarily needed items such as hydro tranny, cruise control and tilt/telescoping steering column, etc.

In April of this year I purchased a brand new New Holland TC29, (29 hp model). Its a fully synchronised 9x3 gear tractor with a live PTO, on loaded R4 tires. And yes I did add a few nicer options such as the deluxe extending 3pt hitch arms and a folding ROPS. On top of that I also added a Woods 1012 front loader, with a HD 66" bucket. I went with the woods loader as it has higher capacities than than the equivilent New Holland 7308 loader, and was $600+ cheaper than the 7308 from N.H.

Out the door price was $14,975. And I almost made it out the door at that price. But the truck from Woods was outside then. And they just happened to be unloading a brand new Woods 7500 backhoe. Well of course I made an immediate U turn and $5500 later it went home with me attached to the back of the new tractor.

But the point I was trying to make was that you can buy a new tractor from the big three for less than $15,000. In fact two months later my neighbor bought a new New Holland TC30 equipped just like mine, less the backhoe, but with a hydro tranny for $14,900. So the deals are out there. And the financing rates will probably never again be as low as they are right now. So good luck and I hope you find that good deal soon.

/ looking to buy #15  
i would suggest u stay at the upper end of the hp range, but don't think 15k will get u new with the attachments u will need. u will either have to go used(ok if u can find one) or off brand(not big 3) kitoi seems to make a fine tractor, less expensive than the othere, don't think u will find many used tho. northcreek loves his.

/ looking to buy
Thanks for the pointers guys !
I just got off the phone with the folks at Turner tractors in Evans City . They are the local Mahindra dealer. The Salesman was more than patient with my incessant questions ,and even suggested looking at something used if I didn't like what he had new . Sure do like the specs on the 3510 though :)

/ looking to buy #17  
Hint, Hint.... There is a classifieds section in this forum that has a bunch of tractors that will fit your budget.... Yup that's right mine's one of them.. 1998 John Deere 770 tractor loader and backhoe for under the $15,000 you are talking about. Click on the attachment I put in this post for a quick look.

Darin

Attachments

• 46-213078-dsc00725.jpg
    46-213078-dsc00725.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 77
   / looking to buy
Darin Thanks for the offer :)
Right now I'm looking at the MF1433,MF1240 ,and the Mahindra 3510 . I also plan to take a trip to Ohio to look at comparable Kiotis . One thing in my mind is that the MF and Mahindra dealer are the same and very close by . Also looked at a Kubota 2600 ...very nice and the price wasn't bad . The salesman was quite helpful...The only thing I could find fault with was he said that I couldn't get R4's on it . So I have to recant what I said earlier :( I hate it when reality strikes and you need to make a very cruciall decision . SO MANY CHOICES.... DARN FEW BUCKS :) All the best John

/ looking to buy #19  
No prob.... Goodluck with whatever you decide. :)

Darin