Ford vs Kubota

/ Ford vs Kubota #1  

cyberflyrg

Tractor
Kioti DK45 4x4, Ford 3000
I have found two comparable tractors (HP, hours, 4x4, condition, FEL, etc.) for the same price at two different dealers. I am at bottom dollar price on both of them and wondered if anyone had experience with either of them.
1) 91'Kubota L4150 4x4 FEL 2150 hours ($10,000)
2) 90' Ford 3430 4x4 FEL 2200 hours ($9900)

Im typically a Ford man, but the Kubota is a nice tractor and has a good reputation.
Any comments or experiences (good or bad) on either tractor???:confused:
Thanks for your help RG

/ Ford vs Kubota #2  
I'd go with which ever tractor feels better to you and which dealer you would prefer to go to for parts and service as the criteria to choose.

/ Ford vs Kubota #4  
The Kubota has a shorter wheelbase and might be more maneuverable and also has stronger hydraulics that might be of some value depending on what you will do with it.

Often with older equipment, it comes down to making a judgement about which one is in better overall condition and most likely to be reliable when you use it. You'd pretty much need to check each one out carefully, see how they run, look for evidence of wear, maintenance and repairs, etc. You could end up with one tractor whose features you prefer but the other is in better shape. That would be a tough call!

/ Ford vs Kubota #5  
100$ ain't enought to be concerned about. as the others said. drive each tractor.. whichever one has more of the 'candy' you want. get it.

look at things like gear options.. layout of op station and controlls, loader characteristics.. turning radius, engine volume.. etc.. etc.. IE.. all practical and usage stuff.

I'm a ford man myself.. but like you say.. whatever works out best, for the best price sometimes takes the cake.

soundguy

/ Ford vs Kubota #6  
I agree with OP. Drive them both and pick which one you like the best. After all your the one thats gona be on it and working it.:thumbsup:

/ Ford vs Kubota
Thanks for the replys everone, the dealer made the choice for me and made it easy to to buy the Kubota. He threw in a hay spear fork for the FEL and I bought the Kubota. I think Im going to like both the tractor and the dealer.
Thanks again...:licking:

/ Ford vs Kubota #8  
good dealer makes a huge difference and is worth way more than a few hundred bucks of price.

soundguy

/ Ford vs Kubota #9  
Congrats on the new Kubota!
I'm sure your's going to love it!
I was a John Deere man up until 10 years ago when I bought my 1st Kubota. Now I'm a Kubota man 100%!:thumbsup:

/ Ford vs Kubota #10  
congrats on your new tractor.