Sub-compact tractor

/ Sub-compact tractor #51  
John,
Congrats from a fellow Bx owner!! I am sure that you tractor will lead you to years of trouble free enjoyment.
Will

/ Sub-compact tractor
Rick, I'd like to keep both of my old tractors but room is the problem. I have a 22X24 garage that is dedicated to lawn/garden equipment and it is full! However, It would be nice to have a small tractor to pull my chipper/shredder and small cart. I didn't notice whether the BX2200 has a drawbar for towing a small trailer.

John

/ Sub-compact tractor #53  
Congratulations on the BX! It's a great tractor.

I sympathize with the "full garage" syndrome. I'll be putting up a shed sometime in the next few years to take some of my lighter equipment.

For the time being, I've moved the lighter stuff and anything without an engine underneath our deck and covered them with a tarp. I had to move the boxblade for my B2910 outside for the winter and it too is under a tarp. I just can't convince the wife that she should leave her car out in the snow so that my equipment can spend the winter nice and cozy in the garage./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Congratulations again, and Good Luck.

~Rick

/ Sub-compact tractor #54  
<font color=blue>Is $1400 a good deal?</font color=blue>

Hard to say, but I paid $1,300 in '95 for a 40" Bush Hog. If I were buying one now, I'd likely get a KingKutter for a little less money.

/ Sub-compact tractor #55  
Good-luck with your BX! Probaly it did not come with a drawbar.Mine own feelings,what good is a tractor without a drawbar.I had the dealer throw one in for me.He didn't want to.Probaly cost him $10.But there is a place to hook up a trailer below the seat.Have fun,but don't tell the wife how great it is.LOL

/ Sub-compact tractor #56  
JWE,

WELCOME to the BX club! I am sure you will enjoy the new machine. Sounds like you can use several dollies to move and store all those atachments you will have. Do a search on the topic a lot of good info. A few 2 x 4's some 3" wheels and you are set, makes storing, moving and attaching the various attachments a lot easier.

Tom

/ Sub-compact tractor
Jwe,

Congrats on your decision!

And I am really happy that you made the decision to buy the loader. You don't know how useful they are until you have one!

Boy do I wish I could make you an offer on that Powerking! Being local and all that...but like you...only so much room and needs...but as others have suggested...been in the family soooooo long...be a real shame if you would let it go...maybe you should wait a bit and then decide what to do with it.

Anyway...I am certain you will be very pleased with your new tractor. When will you have it?

Bill in Pgh, PA

/ Sub-compact tractor
Thanks, any thoughts on the Befco tiller for $1400.
Any idea on what freight charges there are on a tiller if I order one?

John

/ Sub-compact tractor
JWE,

I would think if the dealer quoted that price, it shoud also include the delivery. That is the way it works with my dealer, and we are in the same general vicinity....

Bill

/ Sub-compact tractor
maucher.... I didn't do a good job of communicating. What I meant to ask is how much is shipping charge if I order a tiller from a supplier like Sweet Tractors or Carver.

John