Sub-compact tractor

/ Sub-compact tractor
Moon... I can relate to your story. A couple of days ago I planned to buy the tractor, MMM and a front blade. I logged onto TBN and one day later I bought a tractor, MMM, FEL and shortly I will buy a box scraper and tiller. If you had asked me a week ago whether I would ever own a FEL I would have told you "no way".

This is a powerful group, a lot of knowledge and experience. I'm glad I consulted with this group before I made my purchase. Even though I spent more money than I planned, I know that I will be much happier with the equipment and will get more use out of it.

Guess who is thinking up uses for the FEL??? My wife!

Thanks to all

John

/ Sub-compact tractor #72  
Use # 101 for a loader. If your wife will drive the tractor, just hop in the bucket and use it instead of a step ladder to put up the christmas lights outside. Works Great. It cut my time in half!

/ Sub-compact tractor #73  
I've seen my wifes driving, don't think I'll be getting in a loader bucket with her at the wheel. No thanks. /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/ Sub-compact tractor #75  
Midget tossing, husband tossing----hmmmmmmmm! J

/ Sub-compact tractor #77  
to be politically correct : no vertically challenged jokes /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Sub-compact tractor #78  
JWE,
Congrats on your new purchase. I bought a BX 2200 in early August 02 and every time I use it I can't get over how well and easily it does what I ask of it. Just last week we got our first snow fall this year (8") and I was eager to try out my new "babybota". I plowed the driveway (3/8 mile) without tire chains (wish now I hadn't bought the chains). This morning we had an ice storm and a car slide off the road into the snow bank far enough that the front wheels were not contacting the ground and the rear wheels were about 18" into the snowbank. At first I was hesitant to try to pull it out with the BX (didn't want to hurt her) but then I thought it'll be a good test of it's ability. After hooking up a 20FT chain (to allow me to get onto the wet not icy pavement) I put her in low range just under full throtlle and hoped that I wouldn't look too foolish is it wouldn't budge the car. To my suprise, when I got all of the slack out of the chain, it pulled the car back onto the road as if I wasn't even hooked up to anything. I COULD NOT have imagined it would have done it so easily, I honestly would not have known when the salck was out of the chain if I had not been looking.
One thing I would suggest for your new BX is to have the rear tires loaded(filled), this gives it a lower center of gravity, adds traction for all task and acts as extra ballast weight if your carrying something heavy in the FEL.
I hope you'll be as impressed with your BX as I have been with mine.

Good Luck ,
Tazbota