TC33D VS L3410

/ TC33D VS L3410 #1  

BWS

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota l3830 hst/723 fel
MY FIRST POST SO HERE IT GOES.looking at these two tractors in 4x4,hydro,r4's with fel.dealer wants 16,390.00 for the new holland and different dealer wants 19,200.00 for the kubota.should there be this much differance in price?the new holland dealer says the loader will lift more than the 800lbs with weight in the back?is this true?the tc33d sits alot higher[nice tractor]is this a disadvantage?should i get the tc33d without the loader and go after market?any help would be great.thanks.

/ TC33D VS L3410 #2  
Certainly a big difference in price. The new 3430 which replaces the 3410 has a new loader and is much stronger then that on the L3410. Check the price at Carvers or TractorSmart to get a ball park figure for price. While the TC 33D is nice, I still feel the Kubotas have the best hydrostatic drives in the business and the best loaders. New Holland has done a nice job with their relatively new "Boomer" tractors and if price is the ultimate issue, it may well be the one to consider. Rat

/ TC33D VS L3410 #3  
Phisically in size your looking at a bigger tractor in the L3410. And it does come with the reliable/sturdy Kubota loader.

I have a TC29, same size as the TC33D. With the TC33D you will find a well thoughtout package. One that has a slightly shorter wheelbase (great for tight maneauvering) and enough weight to present decent traction. your also looking at a more effeicent operator station. Actually sitting higher affords better visibility. There also seems to be a lot dissent reguarding the design and operation of the Hydrostatic pedal arrangement on the L3410.

Yes the New Holland 7308 loader has a lift capacity of @ 800+lbs. And as I have read here on TBN many TC33D owners are perfectly happy with the capabilities and performance of that loader. I for one use my TC29 for commercial use part time and opted to have it installed with a Woods 1012 loader, that has a max lift capability of @ 1250lbs. This is an excellent loader that is perfectly matched to the size and performance of the TC29 or 33. Plus you can purchase it already painted in New Holland blue. And I was able to buy the Woods 1012 loader from my dealer for $600 cheaper than the offered New Holland 7308 loader.

I also purchased a Woods 7500 backhoe for my TC29 and together with the Woods 1012 loader this completes a very versatile well balanced package.

Buy the way I was able to purchase my entire package for not a whole lot more than you would pay for that L3410.

Good luck on your tractor shopping.

/ TC33D VS L3410 #4  
I really haven't noticed any more dissent about a pedal shape on the Kubota other then the usual I have seen a few times from folks who bought John Deeres. The arraingement while certainly different then JD is really neither better or worse, just different. You will never confuse forward and reverse thats for sure. The real bonus is how smooth the hydrostatic drive is and the consistent pedal pressure regardless of load. Certainly I have seen a few folks say they could not get used to the rocker pedal versus the two independent pedal setup, but I don't think that is true. When I drive different tractors its amazing how easy it is to become accomplished with it, Bobcat skidsteers included where the feet work the loader and the hands control the forward/backward and speed. I'm either very talented or just typical. Rat...

/ TC33D VS L3410 #5  
Welcome to TBN.

I purchased a TC33D this past summer, but I also took a close look at the L3010 along with the B2910 & many others. The NH seemed to fit in between the B2910 & the L3010 in size and weight. The B2910 just didn't feel heavy enough, & the L3010 was too big to fit into my shed. Both of the Kubota's suffered from excessive body flex when I stepped aboard...afterall, I do call myself "Big" Dave. Unless you are pushing 325+lbs, you'll never notice the difference. The NH didn't flinch when I stepped aboard; it felt solid. I have the NH 7308 loader and it has picked up everything that I could fit into the bucket. I have seen the Woods loader recommended on TBN, and I haven't heard of any complaints. I may have gone that route, if I was aware of the option. As far as stability, I can't compare the two, but I haven't had any worries about tipping with a full bucket...my rear tires are filled and that seems to be enough weight.

Almost every tractor manufacturer has a loyal following, and TBNer's are no different with their preferences. The best tractor buying advice that I have seen over and over again, is to buy your tractor from the dealer that you feel the best about...the manufacturer is less important. You are about to embark on a long term relationship with the dealership, so you want to pick a dealer that will support you and your tractor over many years. Good luck with your purchase.

P.S. The dealer I liked best, sold both NH & Kubota, so that's why I had a choice. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ TC33D VS L3410
any regrets on the r4's??still not sure which tire to get??i have a rough/flat/wet[in winter] 6 acres im going to smooth out.any input is appreciated.bws

/ TC33D VS L3410 #7  
The type of tire you get depends on what you are going to do with the tractor. In my opinion, R-1's are always the way to go. They give you the best traction. I have them on both my tractors, and they've never left a mark on my lawn when I'm mowing. For most jobs, I don't think you get enough traction with R-4's or turf's, but many of the guys on TBN will disagree with me. We've had endless debates on tires. Do a search on tires and read them, they're very informative.

/ TC33D VS L3410 #8  
Hmm, I must be doing something wrong, the R1's I have almost always leave a mark on my lawn when I go up or down hills. In the pasture areas, I don't care, but the lawn, no way, R1's are similar to an excavator for me, especially when I encounter the slopes at my place. Give me 4WD and R4's or turfs for mowing anyday. For moving dirt, the R1's are superior but lack one very important feature, load carrying ability. The front tires are not rated for nearly the load of R4's. With their smaller profile, smaller foot print and smaller load rating, they take a beating with heaped buckets. My L4850 has R1's, best traction around but they wear faster and can't take nearly the load. The R1's for the L4850 are the heaviest ply rating available for that rim size, 6 ply and 32 psi My L48 R4 fronts never even know a load is there. They are considerably wider, have 10 ply ratings and take 65 PSI max. The loader capacity for both is similar, about 22 cu ft. heaped. Check the tire specs when you purchase your tractor. With the R1's you typically get smaller tires on smaller rims then with R4's. Thats the way it is with Kubota and JD and I belive NH as well.

Michelin sells what they call R4's but really are R1's as far as tread goes. The sizes are more in line with that of R4's. The heavy ply rating gives them characteristics of R4's. Their tread design is similar to R1's and their radial design places a better footprint on the ground then either. Rat...

/ TC33D VS L3410 #9  
I've shopped these as well.

I agree wholeheartedly that Kubota's HST is the smoothest to operate. I also agree that the footpedal (for me) is a little funky to use on both these tractors.

For the better part of two years, I've maintained that the Boomers have the best operator area of any tractor, but now the new 'bota 30 series have one that is equal (except the swivel seat - I really like that on the Boomer.)

The 'bota loader seems to handle combo functions (like lift/dump or lift/rollback) better, but the joystick is handier on the NH.

The warranties are about the same.

A HUGE factor for me are the extendable lift arm ends on the Deluxe Boomers - I'm going to be hooking up a lot of things alone, and this will help. The 10-series Kubota MAY not have them - it was a rolling upgrade on the Grand L's over the past year. I priced adding them later - over $600 in parts alone on an L4610!

R1's have the best traction, but I understand you can't fill them with as much fluid (=less weight) compared to R4's. I believe the R4's to be easier on sod than R1's. On most 'bota, R1's are standard and R4's are extra $. I know that on the Class III Boomers (TC35/40/45) R4's are standard and R1's are extra $ - it may be different on the Class II's.

Bottom line - they are both good tractors, but the dealer is going to support it. Which dealer gives you the most "warm-fuzzies"? Which looks like the best run shop? Which has the biggest parts department? When you are hanging out and other customers walk in, do they look comfortable or defensive? This should be a large part of what you are considering.

Good Luck
Mark

/ TC33D VS L3410 #10  
<font color=blue>R1's have the best traction, but I understand you can't fill them with as much fluid (=less weight) compared to R4's.</font color=blue>

You can fill them the same percent full, but since the R1's have less overall volume (I think) there is less weight added. The R4's, being much wider, hold more volume.

On the other hand, with the R1's you may not need the extra weight for traction purposes since they've got good traction to begin with (whether you need it for ballast is another question).