Now is the time to buy

/ Now is the time to buy #1  

jlsmith

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF 285 Long 560 MF2670 CX100
The new tier 4 tractors will be coming out in 2012 and with this you will see a price increase. All new tractors will have to comply with the new standerds which will be good for the atmosphere but what will it do to the economy. Sadly to say with this change MF will probly loose the Perkins which has been a great motor for so many years. Just alittle FYI i thought yall might like to know.
Jeremy

/ Now is the time to buy #2  
Getting a little tired of the EPA and their control over my life.:(
While the EPA has made some accomplishments I feel they have too much power today. This is one of the areas where we need to cut spending.:thumbsup:

/ Now is the time to buy #3  
well i just bought a new tractor so i wont have to worry about that.an the odds are ill prolly never buy another new 1.

/ Now is the time to buy
Getting a little tired of the EPA and their control over my life.:(
While the EPA has made some accomplishments I feel they have too much power today. This is one of the areas where we need to cut spending.:thumbsup:

I agree, where does it stop. Next they will be telling us to change the heating and ac in our homes. Just boils down to somebody is padding the pocket and doesnt care that its hurting the farmer and ranchers that try to keep us going.

/ Now is the time to buy #5  
well i just bought a new tractor so i wont have to worry about that.an the odds are ill prolly never buy another new 1.

When we bought our new M8540 this summer, my salesman was talking about the new engine and I was kind of concerned I was missing out on something, boy am I glad we bought when we did. This will be our last tractor of this size, but I was going to get a L5240 or 5740 in a few years; may get used.

/ Now is the time to buy
When we bought our new M8540 this summer, my salesman was talking about the new engine and I was kind of concerned I was missing out on something, boy am I glad we bought when we did. This will be our last tractor of this size, but I was going to get a L5240 or 5740 in a few years; may get used.

I hear ya. Im trying to decide if i want to bite the bullet and go ahead and get another now or not. Im working a bid on another mowing contract and i guess that will make my mind up. I was hoping to pay the new one i have off first but and then buy in 2013 but i might just have to go ahead and do it now. I really like the Perkins and hate to see it go, I hope they will have the motor up to specs and keep it in the MF line. The Sisu engine is a good engine and is built by Agco. From what i hear they have had far less warranty issues with it compared to the Perkins.

/ Now is the time to buy #7  
im not planning on buying another tractor.but if i did id prolly get kub 8540 with hydro clutch if i could drive it.

/ Now is the time to buy #8  
I agree, where does it stop. Next they will be telling us to change the heating and ac in our homes. Just boils down to somebody is padding the pocket and doesnt care that its hurting the farmer and ranchers that try to keep us going.

I am in the plumbing and HVAC business and believe me the government is all over this already.

I am trying to get out of the plumbing business and into the landscape business, mainly because I prefer this to plumbing. From the looks of things if you have to work till you drop then you might as well like what you are doing. I fully expect all hardgoods/durable goods to rise quite a bit over the next few years and I am trying to get what I anticipate I need asap.

/ Now is the time to buy #9  
I hear ya. Im trying to decide if i want to bite the bullet and go ahead and get another now or not. Im working a bid on another mowing contract and i guess that will make my mind up. I was hoping to pay the new one i have off first but and then buy in 2013 but i might just have to go ahead and do it now. I really like the Perkins and hate to see it go, I hope they will have the motor up to specs and keep it in the MF line. The Sisu engine is a good engine and is built by Agco. From what i hear they have had far less warranty issues with it compared to the Perkins.

I sure know what you mean, we have a mid 80's Massey Ferguson 375 bought new. We have had some electrical issues and such, but that Perkins engine is as solid as a rock and it has been used hard.

im not planning on buying another tractor.but if i did id prolly get kub 8540 with hydro clutch if i could drive it.

You would really like it, I just got back from doing a little work with it. I had been using the L5030 and it always takes me a bit to acclimate, but we really like the M8540. Of course I really like the L5030 with HST too.