Buying Advice Kubota BX2360 or MF gc2400?

/ Kubota BX2360 or MF gc2400? #1  
Tractor
MFGC2400
I had posted yesterday that I was buying a BX2360. On the way to the dealership to test drive one I saw a Massey dealer and decided to stop just to compare the massey and decided I liked it...alot. The price is a little lower ($390) and they have 0% for 72months vs 0% for 48months. The dealership was very nice, user friendly and they were very attentive to every question I had (and I had alot) :laughing:
My question is what do you all think of the GC2400? Massey has not been around these parts as far as dealers where as Kubota has been a main stay for years. I dont know any friends who own a massey except farmers with monster tractors. I'm tryeing to figure out if, 1, are they reliable? 2 do they have a good reputation for SCUTs? 3. would YOU buy one instead of the Kubota? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

/ Kubota BX2360 or MF gc2400? #2  
I had posted yesterday that I was buying a BX2360. On the way to the dealership to test drive one I saw a Massey dealer and decided to stop just to compare the massey and decided I liked it...alot. The price is a little lower ($390) and they have 0% for 72months vs 0% for 48months. The dealership was very nice, user friendly and they were very attentive to every question I had (and I had alot) :laughing:
My question is what do you all think of the GC2400? Massey has not been around these parts as far as dealers where as Kubota has been a main stay for years. I dont know any friends who own a massey except farmers with monster tractors. I'm tryeing to figure out if, 1, are they reliable? 2 do they have a good reputation for SCUTs? 3. would YOU buy one instead of the Kubota? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes they are verry reliable. Both are good tractors and you would be pleased with either one. Pick the one that feels best to you.

/ Kubota BX2360 or MF gc2400? #3  
Pretty much agree with jlsmith, both make good tractors. We have a Massey Ferguson bought many years ago through a local dealer and we have had poor service/support. They are the only MF dealer in the area and the selection and service have not improved over the years, so I don't even consider buying another. I have however looked at the MF and have been fairly impressed with them.

Our local Kubota dealer is an excellent one with good selection and parts, so I go with them.

It sounds as though you have a good dealer, so I think you will be happy with either tractor though it sounds like you will be happier with the MF.

/ Kubota BX2360 or MF gc2400? #4  
I feel they are mostly a toss-up. Both excellent tractors. If you get a better vibe from the Massey dealer...... go with it. Feel free to read up on the GC series of tractors down stairs in the Massey section...... they are well respected tractors and their owners love them. :thumbsup:

/ Kubota BX2360 or MF gc2400? #6  
You couldn't go wrong going Red or Orange.

I wouldn't think the OP could actually buy a 1000 JD right now, but who knows?
The financing seems important to the OP as well.

/ Kubota BX2360 or MF gc2400?
I can afford to buy it with cash but would like to be able to spread it out over the course of a year or so I just b I have looked at the Deere and didnt like the dealership or the tractor as well. They were very rude and told me way to many lies. Probably because I didnt have money falling out of my pockets.

/ Kubota BX2360 or MF gc2400? #8  
funny on how things turn out doesnt it? I was set out to get a deere, was turned off by the dealer attitude and shopped a few more. kubota dealer was the one that won my business.

In my eyes, th GC is still new, but it seems to be "modeled" after the kubota BX. the BX's had time to iron things out, but MF has been around for long time as well, but recently got into subcut market.

In my eyes, its the dealer and service dept that won me over. if you pretend to get parts from dealer- see how they interact. if they are helpful, then its a winner. However if both dealers/service dept are helpful then it all boils down to how it feels to drive either tractor. DO you like placement of controls or features, etc.

/ Kubota BX2360 or MF gc2400? #9  
This is my first post to this forum, but I have to agree with what the other posters have said about the dealers in your home area: they really can have a lot to do with your joy of ownership of whatever brand of tractor you buy. A good dealer can make problems easy to deal with, and a bad dealer can make even the simplest things exasperating.

I used to run a 1998 MF 240 at a hunting club I belonged to, and although it was a pretty good tractor, the dealer was so absolutely inept, sorry, and overpriced that it was a complete, irritating PITA to do even general maintenance things like changing oil and air filters. I got to where I disliked the tractor because of the abysmal dealer support we had.

Whereas, we have an '87 JD 2030 that was well abused and had clutch and electrical problems before we bought it, but our local dealer, down in northwest Alabama, was a tremendous help in getting that tractor back in tip-top condition, without breaking our bank account. And they even helped us with advice and info when we were doing the work ourselves, rather than their service dept.

I don't know about the new MF's, but comparing that MF 240 with Kubota's of similar vintage, it is clear to see that the Kubota's are much better tractors.

/ Kubota BX2360 or MF gc2400? #10  
I don't know about the new MF's, but comparing that MF 240 with Kubota's of similar vintage, it is clear to see that the Kubota's are much better tractors.[/QUOTE]

Not shure how u come up with that. The 240 was one of the best tractors out there. Easy to work on and out weighed most other tractors its size not to mention it was great on fuel. I have 2 of them and wouldn't trade them for anything.