Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Default Re: Frontier SB1164 Snowblower

Nice video!!!
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Szabo View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback

Wayne - I have the front mount blade that Kenny custom mounted for me earlier this year it totally rocks!!! I do not have or will use chains as they will tear up the asphalt driveways.

I also had a 29 inch NOMA walk behind blower which was nice but I do enjoy the snow blade way more.

I appreciate the heads up on the windows and such from Don -- one plus I can think of though is that I should be able to knock off most of the snow on the evergreen trees near my driveway which may avoid them breaking apart from the heavy snow load.

Thanks to Dave for sharing your SB1174 experience too, I'm sure his advice will bear out for me too.

A special thanks to JDGG for the picture of the blower, I can't wait
    I use chains on my asphalt driveway and it doesn't tear it up. I am careful to minimize spin. But, if it spins, only very light scratches are left behind. Nothing I would characterize as damage. The scratches aren't even noticable unless you just sealed your driveway. Of course, my little JD425 isn't as heavy as a CUT/SCUT.

Tractor

I just watched your video. While it's hard to really tell from the video, it looks like you aren't keeping your blade angled as sharp as possible at all times. When the snow is as deep and heavy as our last fall, it's tough to go at it like a bulldozer, pushing strait ahead. It's much more effective to go at like a herring bone pattern making two side by side passes that overlap significantly in the middle. Push one side and then the other until you get a clear path to the street. This helps keep the snow from building up in front of the blade. Then you can take bites that leave the leading edge of the blade clear, and she'll push much better.

You also have enough ground clearance to just take half of it at a time until you get that first pass clear, if you have to. That's what I do when plowing the neighbor's driveway up a steep hill until I get to the top. Then I can push it down hill from there. Sometimes I do have to backdrag, on his driveway, though, because I have very little ground clearance with AWS.

Tractor
    John Deere 3320

Hi Joe,

I just bought a RADTech Blizzard B64. They supply Frontier with their blowers. Perhaps you have a dealer nearby ?

RAD Tech-Souffleuses neige

I did not opt for the hydraulic turn. For me, the ergonomics of the rotator handle are more comfortable than trying to access the rear remote lever when you are turned around.

My test was backing into my lawn and blowing 15" of packed wet snow. It did very well on the back of my 3320.

John
    John Deere 3320 and z930

300cx loader, rc1060, phd 200, kk box blade, york rake and tiller, wallenstein bx-42 chipper, keulavator w/disks, Blizzard 64" snowblower, TR3 rake

Tractor
    Deeere 2320

Thanks Kyle I plan to put up a much better video later; I was just anxious to put a video out to share for now. I did one this while holding the camera in my right hand while trying to operate the blade movement and steering with my left hand.
    I know that I could have really improved how I handled the angling of the plow (as Gittyup notes), but again since I was one handed it did not do well this time. I did try to angle as much as I possible on the right side and veer the tractor right too. As I get more seat time and a mount for the camera I should get much better at this.
    I could not find any local RADTech dealers near me, but it does look awesome on the link and I知 sure it would be great on the 3320. Just curious what you were able to get it for ($).
    Thanks, Joe
    JD2320 - 200CX - 62MMM - Custom Myers 6.5 Plow - Quick Hitch

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4400, '48 B and 318

Yea, the chains do not damage the asphalt, worst case is some light scuffing, but I can push!

Wayne

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Szabo View Post
    Thanks Kyle I plan to put up a much better video later; I was just anxious to put a video out to share for now. I did one this while holding the camera in my right hand while trying to operate the blade movement and steering with my left hand.
    I know that I could have really improved how I handled the angling of the plow (as Gittyup notes), but again since I was one handed it did not do well this time. I did try to angle as much as I possible on the right side and veer the tractor right too. As I get more seat time and a mount for the camera I should get much better at this.
    I could not find any local RADTech dealers near me, but it does look awesome on the link and I知 sure it would be great on the 3320. Just curious what you were able to get it for ($).
    Forgot to consider that you were holding a camera at the same time. Keep on plowing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12