Comparison Kubota vs NH vs JD

/ Kubota vs NH vs JD #1  

rwk5412

Tractor
2003 New Holland 5610s
Reliability is the main concern here, and then repair costs.

I am specifically looking at a Kubota M108S without a loader, about 2600 hours on it for about $18,500.

Would I be sorry going with Kubota over JD or NH? Why is the price for a 108HP Kubota so much less than 100+ JD's and NH's? Is it just a demand thing or are there inherent problems with owning a Kubota?

If I found a similarly priced NH TL100, would that be a better buy?

/ Kubota vs NH vs JD #2  
kubotas are built tough.i dont think youll have big repair bills on it,unless something is wrong with it when you bought it.kubs have a good resale value less your in an area that dont know them.JD an NH have the name thats why they seem to have a better resale value.

/ Kubota vs NH vs JD
kubotas are built tough.i dont think youll have big repair bills on it,unless something is wrong with it when you bought it.kubs have a good resale value less your in an area that dont know them.JD an NH have the name thats why they seem to have a better resale value.

If this M108S Kubota is in solid mechanical shape, is that a good deal on it? What SHOULD it sell for in your opinion?

/ Kubota vs NH vs JD #4  
I'm of the opinion you buy the dealer not the tractor.

First question - Which dealer is closer, next question which dealer treats you well and is good at what they do.

Naming the top three tractors does not have enough variables. Sorta like saying what do I buy Ford, Chevy or Dodge.

Now is you are asking what do I buy Ford, Chevy or HUGO...well.

For me the dealer makes or breaks the deal on any equipment i purchase because HE is the one I am going one on one with for the life of the equipment.

I actually practice that with most things I buy, washers, refrigerators, etc.

/ Kubota vs NH vs JD
I'm of the opinion you buy the dealer not the tractor.

First question - Which dealer is closer, next question which dealer treats you well and is good at what they do.

Naming the top three tractors does not have enough variables. Sorta like saying what do I buy Ford, Chevy or Dodge.

Now is you are asking what do I buy Ford, Chevy or HUGO...well.

For me the dealer makes or breaks the deal on any equipment i purchase because HE is the one I am going one on one with for the life of the equipment.

I actually practice that with most things I buy, washers, refrigerators, etc.

Well, there are plenty of dealers about the same distance for Kubota, JD, and NH, and another than works on all of them. So, the dealer really isn't much of an issue, and this specific tractor looks to be privately sold.

Last edited:
   / Kubota vs NH vs JD #6  
yes if that tractor checks out to your liking id buy it in a heartbeat.

/ Kubota vs NH vs JD
yes if that tractor checks out to your liking id buy it in a heartbeat.

I thought it seemed like a steal of a buy (assuming it's solid mechanically).

Any downsides you can think of going with Kubota? We have local Kubota dealers as well as a couple shops that work on all of them, so that's not a problem. Anything else you can think of?

/ Kubota vs NH vs JD #8  
i cant think of any down side to having a kubota.ive got a new MX5100 HST 4x4 with fel.an its been used most all winter to hay cows with.an it hasnt missed a beat yet.

/ Kubota vs NH vs JD #9  
Seems very cheap to me.

Used Kubota Tractors

I don't know anything about that model, but we love our M8540.

/ Kubota vs NH vs JD #10  
My wife thinks Kubota orange tractors are sexy if that helps any.

My old neighbors still swear by their NH/Fords.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the major manufacturers.

Kevin