Tractor
    kubota l3830 hst/723 fel

Default best backhoe?

frame mount for 30-35hp woods,bradco,great bend??thanks

Tractor
    New holland TC29-9x3 Woods 1012 FEL, Woods, 7500 Backhoe / Kubota L345DT 4WD, Kub FEL, Kub Backhoe

Default Re: best backhoe?

For daily commercial use, the Bradco is built sturdier and out powers the others hands down. Of course you will have to pay extra for it. For the average homeowner both Woods and Great Bend make good quality hoes.

I have a Woods 7500 hoe that gets used part time for smaller commercial excavation and landscape projects. It is holding up well. But then I am vey familar with a small hoes limitations and stay within them.

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

don't know if there is any such thing as best anything! it all depends on what you want to do with the BH. if it to be used commercially then you want to go with heavier unit, but for just useage round the homestead the woods or great bend will be fine. you know your requirements.

Tractor
    MAHINDRA/2810

Bradco has the best out there i think,but for the ocasional homeowner light uses there all ok, Mazzotti is another good, less expensive model, but bradco beets them all.
    Hardy is also another good one, the have extenda hoes availible, but are expensive.

Tractor
    John Deere 4200 MFWD HST w/ JD 420 FEL w/ 61" loader bucket & toothbar & JD 37 BH w/ 12" bucket

I think the biggest OEM backhoe available is usually your best bet. They were made to work together. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I got a price on a Nardi 7 1/2 hoe w/pump kit and 18" bucket for $4600.00 new. I have only seen the literature at www.easternfarmmachinery.com so any comments on them would be appreciated.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    NH TC33D

<font color=blue>Mazzotti is another good, less expensive model</font color=blue>

My father-in-law is in the market for a backhoe and was looking at Mazzotti. Do you have any personal experience with them? Finding someone who has actually used one has proven tough... Any comments on their strengths/weaknesses would be appreciated.

John Mc

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    5300 JD 4X4

I had a kubota self contained hoe on the back of a 245DT. It did ok for a light hoe, no breakage, except for the swing chain. I was always fixing that. If you can find one that swings without any chains I would be happy for you.