Buying Advice NEED ADVICE & COMPARISON

/ NEED ADVICE & COMPARISON #1  

dobe44

Just purchased 30 acres in southern MS, un-level with small hills, hardwoods, pond and run-off across property to pond. I'll be doing dirt work for future house & shop as well as for 2 trailer rentals on part of property. After initial dirt work mostly ongoing clean-up and continuous bushhog work. Small garden work only. No snow. Looking at 40-45 HP range.
Narrowed down to Kubota L4400, Kubota MX4700,& Mahindra 4035. All with loaders. All seem to be close in price, $22,000 to $24,000 ( Haven't got to final negotiations) so that's not an issue for now. Planning on 6' Cutter.
Is this the right size?
Going with HST so wife and son can easily use?
Am I missing any other tractor to look into?
Have John Deere here but they are too over priced.
All feedback would be appreciated

/ NEED ADVICE & COMPARISON #2  
Just purchased 30 acres in southern MS, un-level with small hills, hardwoods, pond and run-off across property to pond. I'll be doing dirt work for future house & shop as well as for 2 trailer rentals on part of property. After initial dirt work mostly ongoing clean-up and continuous bushhog work. Small garden work only. No snow. Looking at 40-45 HP range.
Narrowed down to Kubota L4400, Kubota MX4700,& Mahindra 4035. All with loaders. All seem to be close in price, $22,000 to $24,000 ( Haven't got to final negotiations) so that's not an issue for now. Planning on 6' Cutter.
Is this the right size?

My neighbor has an L4400 and uses a 6-ft brush hog on his 10 acres. No problem handling that size implement. My first tractor was a 2005 Kubota B7510HST (21hp engine, 17 hp pto, hydrostatic tranny, 4WD)--great little tractor--HST and 4WD are nice to have if you plan to do a lot of FEL work (much forward-reverse motion).

My present tractor is a 2008 Mahindra 5525 (54 hp engine, 45 hp pto, 2WD, gear tranny) with the ML250 FEL (6-ft bucket, 2950 lb lift to 10.5 ft height). Kubota's are fairly light weight tractors compared to the Mahindra's which can be an issue if you're planning on using the FEL to maximum lifting capacity.

For dirt work (scraping, hauling, digging), consider getting a 6-ft box blade and a toothbar for your FEL.

/ NEED ADVICE & COMPARISON #3  
As far as comparing these 3 tractors the MX4700 and Mahindra 4035 are some what comparable and the L4400 is to light to be comparable with the other 2. The Mahindra being the heaviest by 500 lbs. has the advantage with stability, and traction, and the Kubota has the advantage in HP by 5 PTO HP. If you intend to plow any ground the Mahindra has draft control standard. I can't emphisize enough that in tractors weight is as important as HP when it comes to what the tractor can do. They are both good tractors and good luck with your decision.

/ NEED ADVICE & COMPARISON
Thanks for the feedback. Do you think the "lightness" of the Kubota would be a problem when using loader? Do you think the 1000lb+ weight difference in the Mahindra out-ways the higher HP/PTO HP of the Kubota? Both are priced here about the same. Thanks

/ NEED ADVICE & COMPARISON #5  
Thanks for the feedback. Do you think the "lightness" of the Kubota would be a problem when using loader? Do you think the 1000lb+ weight difference in the Mahindra out-ways the higher HP/PTO HP of the Kubota? Both are priced here about the same. Thanks

1000 lbs definately, that isn't even close.

/ NEED ADVICE & COMPARISON #6  
I can't emphisize enough that in tractors weight is as important as HP when it comes to what the tractor can do.

This is a total myth. Even in field tractors doing heavy tillage work (I sell them) you go by ballasting guidlines and often remove weight because weight in the wrong place or too much of it just burns fuel and is harder on your driveline. In a primarly mowing application like this guy has weight is totally unnessesary, and in most cases a disadvantage.

The Kubota L maybe a 1000lbs lighter (they are light for a reason, M's are heavy tractors)... but unless its sitting there spinning (which it does not, as the 1000's of people on these boards can attest) then what good is that extra 1000lb besides more mass to move around? More is not always better.

/ NEED ADVICE & COMPARISON #7  
Hi. You want comparison, go and try a few brands. Like my name says** Roger4400** I was dreaming of a Kubota 4400......I tried one and there was a Massey dealer near, I tried a 1643 (43 hp) and bought the 1643.....a lot more equipment for the same size,a dream to drive.. so go and TRY a few big brand , Kubota, J.D., 'Massey and more.....and then you will be aware. On some work weight might not be a friend like Messick said, it is easy to put weight. Good luck , go try and compare. Roger

/ NEED ADVICE & COMPARISON #8  
Is this the right size?

I would also consider a 4005 Deere (cheap) or
4320 Deere (better in every way)

I have dealt with Southern Tractor in the past (Deere dealer) and would say they are competitively priced with the other brands. I am posting because when you compare tractors I have found that all things being equal the prices are very close. All the brands mentioned are very good but I wouldn't assume the Deere is overpriced, the deluxe models cost more than the economy models.

/ NEED ADVICE & COMPARISON #9  
Hi. You want comparison, go and try a few brands. Like my name says** Roger4400** I was dreaming of a Kubota 4400......I tried one and there was a Massey dealer near, I tried a 1643 (43 hp) and bought the 1643.....a lot more equipment for the same size,a dream to drive.. so go and TRY a few big brand , Kubota, J.D., 'Massey and more.....and then you will be aware. On some work weight might not be a friend like Messick said, it is easy to put weight. Good luck , go try and compare. Roger

You have the right size and I agree with the HST for my wife also and I think it's safer for her and me to use. Roger is total correct. I started looking at Kubota and after looking around I narrowed it down to Case and Massey. They both, I thought had more for the money. I was looking for a tractor with a cab and the Case was my pick. I very happy my DX45. Look at some of the other brands (Case, New Holland and Massey) and try each one.

/ NEED ADVICE & COMPARISON #10  
putting a fel on the tractor will add 1200 to 1300lbs to the tractor.but if your lifting heavy loads you need weight on the rear tobe safe.yall will love the HST its so easy to operate.