JD 4120 or Kioti DK45

/ JD 4120 or Kioti DK45
Not any more. It seems that the SL loader was for the DK45S but not the SE according to their website loader chart.

/ JD 4120 or Kioti DK45 #12  
I thought self-leveling bucket was standard on the DK45.

Nope. At least not the DKse series loaders. I think it is available on some of the older Kioti loaders but not the KL401 (se series) or KL451 (s series). I don't see it mentioned even for the loaders for the DK75/95 so maybe they stopped offering it as a feature.

/ JD 4120 or Kioti DK45 #13  
I recognize that the SE is newer, and was referring to purchasing new. I started out looking at the DK40SE for basic utility work but decided I wanted the extra PTO ponies. .

Understood. Do check to see what those extra 4 ponies are going to cost you though. It was not a great bang for the buck when I bought.

Again, as a point of reference, I use my 41hp DK40se at well less than PTO speed for mowing with a 6ft flail and only raise the RPMs occasionally in the spring when mowing thick lush grass over 18 inches high. For other tasks like pushing with FEL or grapple I run out of traction in mfwd with R4s well before reaching any horsepower limit.

/ JD 4120 or Kioti DK45 #14  
I thought self-leveling bucket was standard on the DK45.
I think the DK45S had the self leveling loader a year or 2 ago.
It must not have that feature any more.

/ JD 4120 or Kioti DK45 #15  
I'm interested to see what the final price difference is with someone who's obviously trying to compare apples to apples.

Is the price listed for the JD have anything else on it besides the FEL and powershift?

/ JD 4120 or Kioti DK45
JD price includes Mid PTO, Loaded Tires, and Rear hydraulic valve.

/ JD 4120 or Kioti DK45 #17  
Few months ago purchased a JD 4120 with fel. Only thing I am sorry about is I waited so long to get it. Had a 4310 before and it too was a great tractor. I have a great dealer so I did not even shop another brand.

/ JD 4120 or Kioti DK45 #18  
I cant say nothing about the Koiti but have been running a JD 4120 P/R with 400X loader for more than 5 years now and it has been trouble-free. I have not needed any parts other than oil filters. It handles a 6 foot bush-hog with ease in any field conditions. There has never been a time I felt a need for more power and I understand the newer ones are up a bit here so you should have way more than enough, especially without the efficiency losses of a hydrostatic transmission. I also use an 8 foot pull-type disc behind the tractor on occassion and it does not even seem to realize that the disc is behind it (unless I disengage the 4wd, when I have to boost the throttle a good bit to maintain ground speed). It will pull that disc, fully angled and engaged, in 4wd, at a low idle. The ride is quite comfortable. The loader works great, just be sure you get the heavy-duty bucket. On rare occasions, I do use a set of forks up front and I can see where the leveling feature of the CX loader would be nice. Thankfully, I have enough tractors that I dont need to change implements too often but if I had it to do over, I would get the telescoping lower links to make that process a little faster. I am sure the Koiti is a fine machine also, but it only costs a little more green to go first class. For me at least, it has been well worth it. Back when I bought, a comparable Kubota (GL 4330) was about $1000 more and an NH T?40 was the same price when I added quick-attach bucket (standard on the JD), but significantly underspec'd in hp, lift capacity, etc.. We didnt have any Koiti dealers around so I never looked there, while I got a JD dealer just down the road. He was high priced compared to the dealer I bought from 50 mi away, but very convenient for oil filters. He only caries parts up the the 4000 series (top of the CUT line), or I probably would have sprung for a larger, utility model.

/ JD 4120 or Kioti DK45 #19  
charleyfarmall;2253011The competition here is the DK45Se. Loader specs are close said:
I have never had any problem shearing pins using my DK45 baling. I idle down when I engage and if the slipclutch is set right it should be fine. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_4938 (800x450).jpg
    IMG_4938 (800x450).jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 122
   / JD 4120 or Kioti DK45
Your 315 is a little nicer than my 273's but they are steady and reliable. Very speed sensitive.