JD 4120 or Kioti DK45

/ JD 4120 or Kioti DK45 #21  
Kioti should be quite a bit less than the 4120. It will weigh more and lift more.
The Kioti tractors are very well built, quality tractors. Not everything good has to be green!

/ JD 4120 or Kioti DK45 #22  
Also keep in mind, the Kioti has a MUCH better warranty. The Kioti warranty is 4 years drivetrain unlimited hours vs. John Deere's 3 yr or 2000 hr. On top of that, Kioti has a 2 yr bumper to bumper warranty PLUS 1 yr warranty on implements like loaders and backhoes. JD warranty doesn't cover any of that...

Secondly, you say you need a loader that can handle pallets of feed. I assume these are 1 ton pallets. That JD 4120 loader (400 CX) is only rated at 2,194 lbs at the pivot pins and when you put the weight out on a set of forks the max capacity is lower plus the forks probably cost you 200-300lbs vs a bucket. I bet a 2,000lb pallet would be very difficult if not impossible with the 400CX. The Kioti loader (KL401) on the other hand has a MUCH higher rating of 2,761 lbs at the pins leaving plenty of capacity left over for a 2000 lb pallet.

/ JD 4120 or Kioti DK45 #23  
Also keep in mind, the Kioti has a MUCH better warranty. The Kioti warranty is 4 years drivetrain unlimited hours vs. John Deere's 3 yr or 2000 hr. On top of that, Kioti has a 2 yr bumper to bumper warranty PLUS 1 yr warranty on implements like loaders and backhoes. JD warranty doesn't cover any of that...

Secondly, you say you need a loader that can handle pallets of feed. I assume these are 1 ton pallets. That JD 4120 loader (400 CX) is only rated at 2,194 lbs at the pivot pins and when you put the weight out on a set of forks the max capacity is lower plus the forks probably cost you 200-300lbs vs a bucket. I bet a 2,000lb pallet would be very difficult if not impossible with the 400CX. The Kioti loader (KL401) on the other hand has a MUCH higher rating of 2,761 lbs at the pins leaving plenty of capacity left over for a 2000 lb pallet.

I am obviously a Kioti fan but would defend the JD here on a couple of points.

The JD warranty is hardly deficient and neither tractor is really very likely to need warranty work after the first 6 months/100hrs or so. The extra year is a nice security blanket but I bet is isn't used much. More of a marketing ploy out of Hyundai's 10y/100,000 mile playbook. Also, Kioti may have unlimited hours but I'd have a hard time saying that 2000 hours is wimpy and doubt more than a couple of percent of non commercial CUT users would exceed that in three or four years.

With regard to the loaders, the Kioti does have better specs but I would bet the JD would do just fine unless you are trying to lift a 2000lb pallet to full height. Getting it on or off a pickup truck would not require nearly the power as to full height.