MF 1643, Kioti dk40se, JD 4120 & Kubota MX5100

/ MF 1643, Kioti dk40se, JD 4120 & Kubota MX5100
I drove the MX5100 Saturday, it seemed to handle well (according to my limited experience) and the forward/reverse shuttle positioning was more ergonomic than I anticipated. The dealer didn't have the loader installed, so I was unable to try that out. He did have one ready to be installed. The price they want is 25100, which includes loader with quick attach, standard duty quick attach 72" bucket, grill guard, rear work light, methanol filled rear tires and delivery. They also thought the loader was capable of "free float". I'm wondering if the dealer was correct, they seemed uncertain...I did ask them to find out. It seems the time of year for good buys is over, at least finance rates are low until next month.

/ MF 1643, Kioti dk40se, JD 4120 & Kubota MX5100 #12  
if they are putting a LA844 loader on it then yes it has free float on it.

/ MF 1643, Kioti dk40se, JD 4120 & Kubota MX5100 #13  
if they are putting a LA844 loader on it then yes it has free float on it.

I think most modern loaders have the "float" position. That is clearly different than self leveling though just in case someone doesn't know the distinction.

What is the lift capacity and break out force of the LA844 at pivot pins? I know Kubota rates their stuff conservatively and the 844 refers to kilograms mid bucket lift to full height (1856lbs) but they are about the only company that adheres to that specification in marketing these days. Pivot point lift capacity is easier to compare even though the Kubota specification is a more realistic real world number.

The Kioti KL401 figures at pivot pins are 2761lbs lift to full height and 3727lbs breakout.

/ MF 1643, Kioti dk40se, JD 4120 & Kubota MX5100 #14  
the break away force is 2500lbs or more on the la844 loader.

/ MF 1643, Kioti dk40se, JD 4120 & Kubota MX5100 #15  
These are all good tractors. The heaviest one is the one that will do the work the easiest. If they are all within 500lbs or so, then I would consider any of those, but if one is substantially lighter than the others, I would weed that one out.

/ MF 1643, Kioti dk40se, JD 4120 & Kubota MX5100 #16  
If you are considering a backhoe then look into a Deere 110tlb, better backhoe set up than the others listed above. Better available hydraulics, skidplate for working in the brush, SSQA fel with higher lift capacity, top and tilt 3 pt hitch, triple rear outlets, auxillary fel outlets for grapple. Same power as the 4120 at 43 hp.

I use mine for work similar to what you have listed and it has worked out great for me.

/ MF 1643, Kioti dk40se, JD 4120 & Kubota MX5100 #17  
If you are considering a backhoe then look into a Deere 110tlb, better backhoe set up than the others listed above. Better available hydraulics, skidplate for working in the brush, SSQA fel with higher lift capacity, top and tilt 3 pt hitch, triple rear outlets, auxillary fel outlets for grapple. Same power as the 4120 at 43 hp.

Yep, and close to twice the price too.:laughing:

/ MF 1643, Kioti dk40se, JD 4120 & Kubota MX5100 #18  
Yep, and close to twice the price too.:laughing:

More money but not twice as much, for 30 mostly level acres the 110tlb is a good choice. The larger Kubota M59 tlb is another good choice. Both of these machines are well rounded and very versatile. For a long term purchase these machines can allow you to put upgrades on the back burner for a long time.

/ MF 1643, Kioti dk40se, JD 4120 & Kubota MX5100 #19  
I haven't compared specs recently but I'm pretty sure my Kioti DK40se with Woods BH90x has very similar capacities as the mid range TLBs from JD and Kubota but at considerable savings in the $10-12K range or more. If I were a contractor using it daily I could see the benefit of a dedicated TLB. However, I would rather put the cost difference savings into implements to make tasks other than just digging go faster. For all around flexibility the CUT based TLB makes more sense for a non commercial user IMO.

/ MF 1643, Kioti dk40se, JD 4120 & Kubota MX5100 #20  
I haven't compared specs recently but I'm pretty sure my Kioti DK40se with Woods BH90x has very similar capacities as the mid range TLBs from JD and Kubota but at considerable savings in the $10-12K range or more. If I were a contractor using it daily I could see the benefit of a dedicated TLB. However, I would rather put the cost difference savings into implements to make tasks other than just digging go faster. For all around flexibility the CUT based TLB makes more sense for a non commercial user IMO.

You may be right in that if the budget is limited to the lower priced units there would be more room for other implements. That said the 110tlb is a compact based TLB (based on the 4600 IIRC). Before I had the 4520 I used the 110 with 3PH quite a bit and the extra weight and hydraulics are a good combination. The only issue with the 110tlb is the fixed loader, if you foresee needing a unit with the fel completely removed it won't work.

I looked up the Woods backhoe, seems to be a nice unit but you have to anchor this down to get the full potentionial of the digging forces. I will venture that these new backhoes such as yours are way better than they used to be. My 110tlb with Laurin cab weighs 8050 lbs, some of the money is in the extra material. The 110tlb with standard canopy and 10' hoe weighs about 7600 lbs, without the hoe the tractor loader with 3PH is about 6000 lbs. without rear weights or ballast.

My point in mentioning this is that the 110's ability to perform as a 3PH tractor are often overlooked by most people on this forum. With three front and three rear hydraulic circuits it makes a good utility tractor.