Tractor Comparisons Available:40-50hp 4WD

/ Tractor Comparisons Available:40-50hp 4WD #1  

markie61

Veteran Member
Tractor
2019 Rural King RK55HC with Loader & Backhoe; 2001 New Holland TC40D with Loader
I am in the Virginia suburbs of Washington DC and have been shopping seriously for 40-50hp 4WD shuttle-shift compact tractors of the following brands and models:

New Holland TC40, TC45
Kubota L3710/3830, L4310/4330, L4610/4630
John Deere 4510, 4610, 4710
Kioti DK40, DK45, DK50
Branson 4020, 4520
Mahindra 4110
Scorpion
Long Agribusiness 300DTC, 360DTC
Massey Ferugsen 1165

All the pricing I received included at a minimum:
Synchronized shuttle-shift transmission
Factory loader with bucket
Single spool rear remote
R1 tires filled
Grill Guard
Folding ROPS
Extendable Link Ends(if available)

It seems such a waste to throw away this work after the purchase decision. I am going to see if I can share my price-comparison spreadsheets (done in Excel) on the TBN site somehow. In the meantime, if you need information on anything listed above, drop me a line.

Mark

/ Tractor Comparisons Available:40-50hp 4WD #2  
Hi Mark,

I'd love to get a copy of your xls sheet emailed...

What Scorpion model did you compare with...? (Kubota or JD powerplant)

I wouldn't compare engine hp but instead use PTO hp for the real world...

Sometimes you can have the most and best figures on that spreadsheet...

But, it will ultimately boil down to sitting in the seat of one of those units when all is said and done... after you've weighed all your options and you finally get that "feeling in your gut" ... this is the one... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Tractor Comparisons Available:40-50hp 4WD #3  
Would love to see a copy of your comparison sheet, if you could email me at Mahindrasales@aol.com. So what did you decide to go with? or have you decided yet? I'm prefer the Mahindra, not because i sell the but i searched a while for a line of compacts to sell and think they have a great product and company to stand behind them. You dont mention the new 4500 4wd, did you look at that or is it too big for you?

Good luck with which ever you choose

Scott

/ Tractor Comparisons Available:40-50hp 4WD #4  
I live in the northwest and have never heard of a Mahindra. Coul you give me a link to a site.

/ Tractor Comparisons Available:40-50hp 4WD
I will get the XLS to you ASAP.
The only one I didn't get any pricing on were the Scorpions/TYMs. I had a trip planned, but then a deal fell into my lap. I was going to look at the T400 and T450, which use the 'bota engines.
Mark

/ Tractor Comparisons Available:40-50hp 4WD
johnson: will get you a copy soon.
The 4500 is almost 6000lbs without the loader - very big and ALMOST too heavy for my needs. Plus dealer didnt have one. Then a deal fell into my lap.
I ended up with a barely used NH TC40D. My new "baby's" birth announcement is <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=nhown&Number=216546&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=>here</A>
Mark

/ Tractor Comparisons Available:40-50hp 4WD #8  
well enjoy your new baby and look forward to seeing your comparision.

/ Tractor Comparisons Available:40-50hp 4WD #9  
Get the most you can afford from the dealer who treats you best. Ask dealers these same questions you see here and listen for straight talk. I prefer the big 3 in this order, Green, Orange, Blue. Something very important to me is whether or not something will hold its value. Resale should be high on everyone's list while shopping. You may want to trade up (or even down) later on. You may, ( GOD FORBID), decide you don't like tractoring and all the other work that goes with it. When many people look at used tractors, they look for the big 3 for whatever reasons. If they are knowledgable (read this board) they may lean towards the other lesser known makes. I'm not trying to get anyone riled up here. I am sure that the cheaper brands will outlast most all of us given a bit of care. Just try and go buy something used with green paint on it and you'll see what I mean. Harley people know what I'm talking about. Most people don't go on Ebay and search for Kioti although putting kubota's name on a Kioti add will get you hits....Later...kyle

/ Tractor Comparisons Available:40-50hp 4WD #10  
Hello: Would be interested to see your comparison as I have just completed a similar excersize on the TC40, L3830DT,Mahindra 4110,Century 3045 and JD 990 (all but Century are 2 liter engine size and all roughly similar in price). Would especially be interested in the relative weights you applied to each area. My own analysis gave 30% to the BH & loader (added up force available at each cylinder, ranked ease on-off, BH reach from swing pivot, loader height, etc), 5% to esthetics (admittedly somewhat subjective), 15% to estimated resale value, 25% to operations/use (included such issues as noise level, hydraulic flow rates, control placement, net PTO HP, visibility and similar issues), and, finally 25% to tractor/support (included ranking of the quality/detail of owners manuals-read them all, warranty, ease of daily service/repair, expected parts availability, number of places for repair and similar items). Comparisons came from literature, actual examination and, of course, actually operating each of them. Of course, each brand had its strengths and weaknesses, but those were my criteria. Would be interested to see yours. If you have it in XL as mentioned, please attach sheet to an email. Take care. JEH P.S. Your choice of the NH TC40D was good (except for the "D" HST) as the engine is identical to the old 1920 series and has been around for more than a decade and should be reliable. Of course, service access etc. is first rate.