my new tractor- manual vs hydro

/ my new tractor- manual vs hydro #71  
Re: my new tractor manual vs hydro

I have a 2002 New Holland TC29. It has two optional manual tranny packages. You can get the standard 9x3 manual pkg, which does not include a live pto. And has the has the gear shift at the base of the cowl just off the floor. Or you can get the fully synchro 9x3 manual tranny that includes a live pto (that is the model I have). They don't offer the class II's with a shuttle shift, insread they designed the the whole gear to be placed just to the left of the steering wheel. With 2cd gear and reverse in a direct vertical line from each other, thus it can be manipulated like a shuttle shift. the other really nice feature about this is there is no gear shift any where on the floor/deck of the operators platform.

My tractor see's a lot of loader work and this operation works fine for me.

The TC29 also offers a full hydrostatic transmission with a live pto. Now on the TC33, I beleive you only have the two choices of non synchro 9x3 manual without a live pto model. Or the fully hydrostatic with a live pto model.

/ my new tractor- manual vs hydro #72  

<font color=blue>I have a 2002 New Holland TC29. It has two optional manual tranny packages. </font color=blue>

I sit corrected./w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif Wouldn't it be nice if the brochure included all the info.

/ my new tractor- manual vs hydro #73  

I beleive the new "New Holland" TC30 also offers the same two manual tranny pkgs. as the TC29, as well as the Hydrostatic tranny.

/ my new tractor- manual vs hydro

so the tc30 and tc33 have a "syncro tranny available whats the differance b/t the shuttle and the syncro vs standard? i know standard you cant shift while moving.bws

so does 6300.00 sound right for a woods 7500 frame mount w/pump/installed backhoe?should i get the pump on the bachoe or use the tractor?trying to work this into the deal.

/ my new tractor- manual vs hydro #76  

BWS,

Can't help you on the price, but it is simpler to use tractor hydraulics. PTO pump will speed things up (higher GPM)

FYI, you may want to start a new thread when the question changes dramatically ie Manual vs Hydro to Backhoe price. You'll probably get more answers.

/ my new tractor- manual vs hydro #77  

I've had both manual and hydro. The hydro is my pick, hands down. For instance, I use my tractor to do alot of tilling inside poultry houses. There's lots of stopping and turning around. What took me 4 hours to do with the manual, I can do in 3 with the hydro. Even when brush cutting, it's a lot easier. If you come to a place you need to slow to a crawl, just let off the pedal. Yard mowing is a snap also.

Billy

/ my new tractor- manual vs hydro #78  

Actually I said the TC33 does not offer the fully synchro manual tranny. This is why I went with the TC29.

On a shuttle shift tractor, there is a seperate lever than the gear shift. Its only function is to shift from forward to reverse no matter what gear you are in. And they are usually located next to the steering wheel.

On the New Holland TC29 with the fully synchro manual transmission they decided to put the entire gear shift next to the steering wheel. And with second and reverse directly in line with each other it has the same function as a shuttle shift. only not in every gear.

For most loader work I run in mid range and second gear to load with. (Low range if the material is heavy, wet or hard packed.) Then shift dricetly inline to reverse to back out of the pile. Hand is still on gear shift, shifting to whatever forward gear, as you turn to transport your bucket load to wherever. This method also works good for backing up during mowing. Or short work like boxblading away from a foundation.

/ my new tractor- manual vs hydro #79  

$6100 was what I was originally quoted (04/02) for my Woods 7500 backhoe with subframe, directly plumbled to the tractor. Since I was purchasing a whole pkg new tractor, loader and backhoe together, I was able to get a nicer pkg price. The dealer knocked $600 off the backhoe ($5500) and $600 off the loader ($2500). These prices were from a dealer here in Washington state, and were installed prices.

russ what dealer?bws