Comparison Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #11  
Both tractors appear to be about the same size and same important specs. Loaders will lift similar amounts, 3PH has similar specs, etc.

But the mahindra is ~500lbs heavier. 3770lbs for the bota vs ~4700 for the 4035. But the bota has more HP.

Kubota likes being lighter. Their philosiphy is that you can alwats add more weight. Personally, I dont think you will see an appreciable difference in a 500lb heavier machine when it comes to loader work.

But you did mention a lot of bushhogging. So you may want/need more HP. I dont know mahindras lineup very well, but if they have a similar model(same platform) with a bigger engine, I would probabally be looking at that if it wasnt much more $$$. But then again, I'd probabally be looking at the 5100 in kubotas lineup as well.

But basically, for a similar price, the machines are similar. With no more differences than they are, I would worry about things BESIDES how they compair on paper. Things like dealer support, ergonomics, how they feel when you drive them, etc.

??? 4700lbs - 3770lbs = 930 lbs! That's closer to 1000 lbs than 500 lbs. and weight is important with tractors.

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #12  
??? 4700lbs - 3770lbs = 930 lbs! That's closer to 1000 lbs than 500 lbs. and weight is important with tractors.

TYPO, my fault. I meant to say 4300lbs:confused2:

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #13  
LS makes an impressive tractor. I am very pleased with its ability and all the options I get for alot less money.
I searched and researched for over six months before I purchased mine.
Do your homework.
Color doesnt make the tractor.

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #14  
I was also interest in the two mentioned tractors L4400 and 4035. I went with the 4035 and have absolutely enjoyed it. Kubota makes a great tractor and I have had seat time on an L4400. The Mahindra for me just felt tougher and more stable. If I did end up with the L4400 I'm sure I would not have any complaints either. Like mentioned earlier drive both or all three and get what feels best for you.

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #15  
I now sell an LS tractor, as well as Kubota. The quality of the two tractors is vastly different. I can't point out one area on the LS machines that i think its even on par with Kubota.

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #16  
I know, I only have a yanmar.But, If I were to ever upgrade. It wouldn't be to a contract built tractor. Seems like more of the contract tractors are here today & gone the next vs the others

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #17  
MessickFarmEqu: Please give us some specifics examples of LS deficiencies to back your assertion that the LS tractors are sub-par to the Kubotas. What models were you comparing?

I just did a drive and FEL operate comparison of the LS U5020 to the Kubota MX5100 4WD Gear. All that I was able to do was move around some snow piles with the FEL's, wasn't able to do any ground engagement or run any implements on the PTO's.

I couldn't tell much difference between the two, other than I had to clutch the Kubota when operating the shuttle shifter and didn't on the LS and there was no synchronization between 1st & 2nd and maybe even 3rd gears on the Kubota while the LS was fully synchronized. Also the main shifter for the Kubota was between my legs, a more traditional location, but I liked the location under my right hand on the LS better. Overall, I liked the ergonomics of the LS better.

The LS pushed snow better because of it's greater weight, and was quicker to use because of its no-clutch shuttle shift. I couldn't tell any difference in engine power or lift speed. The engines were equally smooth, but I liked the LS's a little better because it has larger displacement and makes its horsepower without having to have a turbo.

Fit and finish of both were equal except the dash and instrument view and layout of the Kubota might have been a little better than the LS.

The Kubota did not have draft control, but the LS did. The LS had two more hydraulic ports than the Kubota and the LS had a nice bumper on it that was an option with the Kubota.

The Kubota only had 8 fwd & rev gears whereas the LS had 16 each. The Kubota had a little taller and wider rear tires, but the fronts were the same size.

No doubt Kubota presently has a MUCH better dealer network and most dealers will have a LOT more parts in stock than LS dealers currently have, but LS Mtron is a big company and they've been building tractors for several decades for other folks, and they seem committed to go toe-to-toe with the big 4 and do what it takes to earn a large share of the CUT and utility tractor market.

Last edited:
   / Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #18  
I have them under CNH now, I don't know the LS equilivant model numbers. The fit and finish is not nearly as good, the egronomics are poor with levers where they don't make sense and pedals that are too close to the operator. Most of all, the hydro's are totally gutless. The 30hp dogs out in high range on a level parking lot. I can't say much about the utility tractors that you seem to have driven since I don't have those yet, but first impressions are not good and the pricing is far from outstanding.

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #19  
Well, I have to agree with you about the CNH tractors, especially about the price. I took a quick look at them and the price turned me off.

Also, you have to remember that the CNH tractors are built on a contract to a certain "price point" and specified level of quality. I don't remember a thing about the layout of their controls, I never even sat on one, but I don't believe the CNH tractors are a fair representation of LS tractors.