Comparison Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #1  

dobe44

I previously posted for feedback on Kubota only comparing the L4400 with the MX4700. Between those two I think the MX4700 would suit me the best. Dirt and Pond work mixed with alot of bushhog work, 30 acres. I took the advice of several postings and cross shoped different brands, though Kubota is widely known and used in my area. Deere is too pricey for me. I looked at Mahindra's 4035. Even with less HP it is much heavier, feels larger, and it is loaded with options at less price. Both are HST by the way. Both are around $23000 with 0% with loaders and Mahindra will throw in 6' BushHog and box blade.
Any feedback on this comparison?
The Mahindra Dealer also carries LS tractors, Land Source. Their even less expensive, made in USA, but ugly( per wife) blue. Anyone heard of them? Any additonal feedback?

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #2  
I like our B2410 but it is light duty, it works well for what it was intended - yard and small hobby type farming. If I have learned one thing, it is weight = traction; if two then the second is enigne HP is WAY different than tractor HP. A heavy tractor with good gearing will out work a lighter tractor with more HP and burn less fuel doing it.

We own a Kubota, but are looking HARD at Mahindra for it's replacement or stable mate.

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #3  
I previously posted for feedback on Kubota only comparing the L4400 with the MX4700. Between those two I think the MX4700 would suit me the best. Dirt and Pond work mixed with alot of bushhog work, 30 acres. I took the advice of several postings and cross shoped different brands, though Kubota is widely known and used in my area. Deere is too pricey for me. I looked at Mahindra's 4035. Even with less HP it is much heavier, feels larger, and it is loaded with options at less price. Both are HST by the way. Both are around $23000 with 0% with loaders and Mahindra will throw in 6' BushHog and box blade.
The Mahindra Dealer also carries LS tractors, Land Source. Their even less expensive, made in USA, but ugly( per wife) blue. Anyone heard of them? Any additonal feedback?

There's an LS forum on TBN.

LS vs. Mahindra - TractorByNet.com

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #4  

Sounds like you really need to take a close look at these tractors. Can you list out the std and optional features for each tractor? Or at least the tractors that you were able to actually see in person. And those blue LS tractors are made in Korea and are actually a pretty good tractor. I'm thinking that you should make some spread sheets and go back and take a real good look at all of these machines. They are all good tractors, take the time to sit on them and get a feel for where all the controls are and how they work. Not trying to push you towards any of them, but if you are lucky enough to be able to actually have all 3 tractor makes with the size tractor that your considering, man you are one lucky guy. Take the time to check them out real good. Get prices for each and every feature so that you have an apples to apples comparison for what you would actually be getting. Then come back here with what you have found and any questions that you may have. You will have a much better idea of what to get and what it will cost if you do this.

Good luck :thumbsup:

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #5  
i have a cousin that has a mahindra 65hp 2wd drive an loader.an personally i dont like the looks of the tractor at all.mind you its 2 wheel drive,the front axel looks real thin.an i dont like the body style at all.im not bashing them,because ive heard they are tough tractors.

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #6  
i have a cousin that has a mahindra 65hp 2wd drive an loader.an personally i dont like the looks of the tractor at all.mind you its 2 wheel drive,the front axel looks real thin.an i dont like the body style at all.im not bashing them,because ive heard they are tough tractors.

The tractor that you are talking about is 1960's technology and is very much one of Mahindra's economy tractors.

I don't care for the looks either, but looks aren't what gets the work done either. ;)

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #7  

My neighbor has a 3 year old L4400 (gear tranny, FEL) and I have a 3 year old Mahindra 5525 (gear tranny, FEL). I have the hp edge (54 hp engine vs 44 hp) and am heavier (5380 lb vs 3300 lb without FEL). My previous tractor was a 2005 Kubota B7510HST, so I've logged seat time in both tractor brands.

He has 10 acres; I have 10 acres (both flat pasture). His cost about $23K; mine cost about $18K (with FEL).

For the type of work these two tractors do (mowing, running a post hole digger, box blade work, FEL work) there's not an appreciable difference in performance.

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #8  
Check out the LS forum here on TBN which has some stats I posted from my LS tractor . They come with an impressive array of standard equipment that is extra on most others and sometimes not available at all. I dont think you can get a better equipped tractor anywhere and certainly not for the money.

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #9  
Both tractors appear to be about the same size and same important specs. Loaders will lift similar amounts, 3PH has similar specs, etc.

But the mahindra is ~500lbs heavier. 3770lbs for the bota vs ~4700 for the 4035. But the bota has more HP.

Kubota likes being lighter. Their philosiphy is that you can alwats add more weight. Personally, I dont think you will see an appreciable difference in a 500lb heavier machine when it comes to loader work.

But you did mention a lot of bushhogging. So you may want/need more HP. I dont know mahindras lineup very well, but if they have a similar model(same platform) with a bigger engine, I would probabally be looking at that if it wasnt much more $$$. But then again, I'd probabally be looking at the 5100 in kubotas lineup as well.

But basically, for a similar price, the machines are similar. With no more differences than they are, I would worry about things BESIDES how they compair on paper. Things like dealer support, ergonomics, how they feel when you drive them, etc.

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #10  
All 3 are good tractors. Mahindra give you a nice product for the money and the LS is a lot of bang for the buck. Get what fits you best.

Chris