New Holland and Case IH the same?

/ New Holland and Case IH the same? #1  

rebelback

Bronze Member
Tractor
2010 Case Farmall 45 HST
I've been looking at the New Holland and Case IH compact utility tractors on their websites. Are they the same? I know a lot of their site is the same as well. Heck, last week both sites went down at the same time. Are Case and NH sister companies now?

/ New Holland and Case IH the same? #2  
Yes, for the most part you can buy the same tractor with different paint and hoods. There are a few brand specific models still but they are both owned by Fiat and ran under the CNH name (Case New Holland).

And if you know the tractor it crosses with you can buy parts from the Case-IH dealer for your New Holland and vice versa.

/ New Holland and Case IH the same? #3  
lets hope NEW HOLLAND doesnt get CASES passion for staying in the shop.

/ New Holland and Case IH the same? #4  
for whatever reason the NH seems to be a more reliable, better built tractor. i knwo people that have both tractors and friends that work at Case dealers, and they have nothing but complaints about case but love their NH. so who knows

/ New Holland and Case IH the same? #5  
I've been looking at the New Holland and Case IH compact utility tractors on their websites. Are they the same? I know a lot of their site is the same as well. Heck, last week both sites went down at the same time. Are Case and NH sister companies now?

In 1999 Fiat Industrial bought Case IH. Case IH people will say they merged with New Holland under Fiat. Either way, they have both been owned by the same company for a little over a decade now.

/ New Holland and Case IH the same? #6  
for whatever reason the NH seems to be a more reliable, better built tractor. i knwo people that have both tractors and friends that work at Case dealers, and they have nothing but complaints about case but love their NH. so who knows

Some people are used to problems, some aren't!

/ New Holland and Case IH the same? #8  
We sell both as well, Case-IH has had the lead in the new technology, high end, tractors as well as implements and then it moves to NH.

/ New Holland and Case IH the same? #9  
i was looking at a case tractor when i bought my kubota.but i just didnt like the way the cases where built.then i got a chance to talk to the nachanic about both tractors.an he said he sees alot of cases through the shop,as compared to very few kubotas in the shop.

/ New Holland and Case IH the same? #10  
It is harder to learn who- and where!- a tractor was built these days. I have a 30+ year old JD 850 that has Kanji characters on the major castings , so we know it was a "Japanese tractor".

Today, LG Tractors (Korea) is not a name we think of when shopping for a CUT. The company began in 1975 as a part of Hyundai in cooperation with Yanmar of Japan.
LG had tie-ups with Mitsubishi and Fiat/New Holland, (CNH Global), and sold tractors under the LG, LG-Fiat and LG-New Holland brands.
They also built tractors for sale by LG Montana, TAFE, LongAgri and Farmtrac in North America.
In 2005, LG Cable split off from LG and became LS Cable. The tractor division became LS Tractors, and tractors began to be sold under the LS and LS-New Holland brands.

It looks like "Made in America, by Americans" is a myth.