JD 2210

/ JD 2210 #11  
<font color=blue>"I was told by the salesman that it was junk and JD should have never built it and I was dumb for even looking at it."</font color=blue>

I'm always amazed to read things like that. A new member on his first thread with no profile. Perhaps you are looking for real advice but even the worst salesman wouldn't say something like this. I just don't believe it. I have heard the 2210 called an economy tractor and the 4X1X series called a premium' tractor by dealers and TBNers and maybe he was trying to steer you upward. I'm a BX owner and still think my BX is a better tractor but your comments sound like they come from someone who graduated from the college of M.S.U. That stands for "Making Stuff Up" not Michigan State University.

Andy

/ JD 2210 #12  
I am 5-10 average build so we are probably similar. I found the operator area on the BX to be LARGER overall than my 2410. I also like the boomerang pedal. I do agree the seat could be improved upon and it has a slight forward tilt that took a while to grow accustomed to. I like the ergos of the 2410 better but there really is plenty of leg room on the BX. I think the main problem is not leg room but I think the steering wheel needs to be about 2 inches higher alongg with a better seat. Leg room is fine, pedal is fine. Actually, I find the BX quite comfortable, I can see how a 6 foot 4 inch guy might have to lean over to much for the wheel. Good luck, you will not regret a BX. The JD dealer?--try another. J

/ JD 2210
I most likely will purchase the BX when I buy. My wife thinks for mowing that this time of the year just a little early. I have a long time family friend that sells them although this wasn't the dealer I visited. He thinks that Kubota is one of the best on the market at this time. (probably a sales thing)
My only problem is that I'll be mowing 6-7 acres, but I can't justify a larger investment at this time. I don't know if the BX is large enough, but I haven't read of a better cutting tractor and I don't want a ZTR.

/ JD 2210 #14  
Here is my 2210. I couldn't be happier with it so far. Seems to be constructed very well and has ample power.

Attachments

• 46-221347-1.jpg
    46-221347-1.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 115
   / JD 2210 #15  
Nice looking unit. Does JD have the R1 tires available like the BX? Do they have perhaps an R4 option? That would be nice if they did.
When you say mow 6 or 7 acres, lawn, field, woods, rough, smooth??? That is a lot of lawn to mow, can yuou integrate natural landscaping and native species to reduce the amount to be mowed regularly? J

/ JD 2210
This is a Flat lot with no trees are anything else at this time. No, I'm told at this time it all must be mowed and attempt to keep it like a lawn. Which I don't think is possible 100% of the time. It just has to look nice. At this time and probably never will have anymore than rain water on most of it. I can see at the most maybe 1 to 1.5 acres to be watered on some type of regular interval.

/ JD 2210 #17  
I agree about a new poster taking shots at the Deere dealer. I too find it hard to believe they would treat people like that. And thanks for qualifying that statement about MSU.

/ JD 2210 #18  
Hey, JDeereSTL. Loooks like you're already hard at it. What do you have chained up under that bucket? Stump? Rock? Small bog monster?

Did you add bucket hooks to the FEL? Just curious about what you have added to and done with your 2210. Keep those pictures and descriptions coming. It will help me pass the time until my new 2210 arrive this month.

J., the 2210 has the same tire and wheel options as the BX--turfs and bars. Wish they offered R4s. I managed to get my hands on a set of new, mounted 26x12-12 4PR rear bars for next to nothing and ordered the matching front mounted bars for an extra $200 in addition to the turfs. Now I'll have two sets of mounted tires and wheels and no excuses for improperly engaging the ground.

Happy New Year, all.

/ JD 2210 #19  
You should look at the kioti ck 20, it is hst and its specs are much better than jd or kubota's.

/ JD 2210 #20  
Service aside, I wouldn't know where to find one to try out, let alone buy one. Not many Kiotis down here on the Delmarva Peninsula. I think my local JD dealer had a couple on the lot a year or two ago. They looked like decent machines.