Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: JD 2210

<font color=blue>Service aside, I wouldn't know where to find one to try out, let alone buy one</font color=blue>

<font color=black>Go to ck20 info</font color=black>

Tractor
    JD 4110 HST w/410 Loader and 60

Well, the nearest dealer is 148 miles away in another state, and I'm already expecting delivery on the 2210. Not a bad looking tractor, though.

Thanks for the tip.

Tractor
    New Holland TC33D

<font color=blue> My only problem is that I'll be mowing 6-7 acres </font color=blue>

Will you be needing a tractor to do some tractoring, or are you looking for a heavy duty lawnmower? A tractor has much more utility than a lawnmower, but you also pay for that extra utility. I believe JD &amp; kubota both have pretty decent front mount mowers, some even with diesel engines available. Have you taken a look at any of those machines?

Veteran Member

Wake up guys......There are some very arrogant deere dealers out there!! Take off those seasick/slime green colored glasses and see the real world that the spin-doctors at Deere do not want you to see!! JD is only a stock holder controlled company not a religion!!

The poster has returned to answer questions,and add to the thread. Plus they had to register to post here

Tractor
    JD 8320 MFWD, JD 6415 MFWD, FEL, and cab, John Deere MFWD 4600, John Deere 4020, John Deere 4430, John Deere 455 mower, Deutz, and Gehl 4610 perkins skidsteer

I agree with you Andy. Most JD dealers are pretty proud of that green paint, albeit too proud at times, but I highly doubt that any salesman would say his line is junk no matter what color he sells.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200, Kubota B2410

Hi Bigpete, I got some hooks mounted on both the BX and 2410. The hooks were welded to a piece of plate steel and then those were bolted to each upper corner of the buckets. Works great. A center hook would be nice but reinforcement on the 2410 would be needed, the BX would probably be OK without. Yeah, get some hooks put on, have your dealer do it if you are not up to it. I could have done it but my dealer offered and did a great job--free. He even painted them orange--very nice. Great for lifting logs and Airplane engines and stuff. I am impatient for you to get your tractor!!!! Hope you like it. J

Tractor
    JD 2210

Pete - I was hard at it until all this snow and rain made my missouri clay into a missouri mess. They welded on a coulple 1/4" chain hooks to the bucket at my request for moving rocks and stumps - works great. You'll find the 210 loader to have great power but the tractor gets a little squirrely on uneven terrain with real heavy loads. I'm thinking of putting wheel weights on in addition to the ballast box and filled tires. Heres another pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    New Holland TC33D

<font color=blue> I highly doubt that any salesman would say his line is junk no matter what color he sells. </font color=blue>

I visited a Deere/Cub Cadet dealer, and the salesman even had me crawl under a Cub to point out how it was far inferior when compared to a Deere. I guess he preferred to sell Deeres.

I have shopping trick that I always use, and it almost always catches a salesman in the act. Start small and work your way up to something larger than what you really want. Each model is the best and has no problems until the salesman thinks you'll go bigger, then all of the problems come out, and the larger model is better. It's not often, they will tell me to save a few thousand and buy the smaller item. This applies to all large purchases, not just tractors. Just my $0.02.

Tractor
    John Deere 2210

Guy's, I have looked at the front mount mowers that several Mfg's have out. I guess that I'm just old enought that I don't think that it will have the life that a good, well built tractor would. I will be using it for just mowing 90% of the time. I just don't want to wish a couple years down the road that I'd purchased a compact tractor.

The Kioti looks good but some of use cannot or will not dig very deep into a tractors "guts". I have a dealer about 30 miles away. I have heard some very good reports on the Kioti.

I work on Large HVAC systems and I see way to much damage to go into something that I don't know much about. I remember seeing a school district that removed a strainer ($15.00) from a pump because it was dirty and then having to replace a $300,000 machine because they didn't know what they were doing enought to put it back.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123