JD 2210

/ JD 2210 #1  

lynnmll

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 2210
Has anyone used a 2210 that has used a Kubota BX2200?
If so, which one do you like the best and for what reason?

/ JD 2210 #2  
I drove a 2210 before I bought my BX2200 a few weeks ago. Both tractors seem to handle well and both have about the same features. I gave the edge to Kubota based on price and I didn't like the plastic fendors on the 2210 (the hood is metal). It was over $1000 more than the Kubota.

Both are very nice tractors!

John

/ JD 2210 #3  
I drove both side by side at a dealer a couple of weeks ago. 2210 is slightly larger overall( by a couple of inches), and seems even larger when sitting on it. The bucket frame is wider, which leads to this perception. Also, you sit a couple of inches higher.

Turning circle is within 2 inches between them. Both are very maneuverable.

Deere seems a little quieter at full throttle, engine vibration is better damped.

Interestingly, although the loader hydraulics on the Kubota require part throttle to get enough flow - the deere has better flow at idle, the cycle time on the Kubota is noticeably faster than the Deere. I think both are fast enough.

The bucket on the deere is a bit larger (in the 48") size. It is a couple of inches wider and deeper.

The Deere is 6" taller at the ROPS.

I am having a tough time deciding. I really like both machines for different reasons. I think both will do well for their intended purpose.

Steve

/ JD 2210 #4  
My local dealer had a 2210 on the showroom floor when I stopped by today to pickup a rear light assembly for my 4600. [censored] fine looking tractor - apparently they have sold quite a few of them and alot of the hobby farm owners are now grabbing these up. The price isn't bad either - I'm not sure what you're seeing but this unit had the loader, ballast, MMM, etc., and was around 13K.

Good luck in your choice!

-Bob

/ JD 2210 #5  
I got to play with a 2210 last saturday. Overall, its a very nice tractor and am glad to see some competion to the BX. I wasn't crazy about the molded operator platform, it seems to be hollow and I'm a little skeptical about the long term durability in the cold (I'd worry about it getting brittle over time and weather and cracking at the seam). However, I'm not an expert and maybe that worry is misplaced. Another thing I wasn't crazy about is the airflow design. The BX has a reverse airflow...when cutting grass, the finings are easily brushed away, without stopping, from the intake screen (under the steering wheel). On the JD, its a conventional design...you'd have to stop and get off the tractor to clean the screen. ( I have to do this OFTEN when I cut the meadow out back, every 10 minutes or so...it'd be a real pain with a conventional design). The last negative comment is the position of the gas tank...I really like not having to lift the diesel can over the tractor to fill up.

Positives: I like the location of the steering cylinder, BEHIND the front axle, out of the way. The 3pt seems a bit better designed as well, with which seem like longer lift arms. I din't measure them though, so I could be wrong here as well.

Overall, I really like the tractor, just not as much as my BX! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ JD 2210
I got to play on a new BX2200 earlier this week. I was very pleased with the BX. The dealer also gave me, what I thought was a good price for the BX2200 with MMM, canopy, and box blade.
The quote was for $10,275 for the tractor and mower, canopy $300.00 and Box blade $400.00. I will probably buy from this dealer who is about 10 min. from my house.
I went to the local JD dealer and was insulted so I left with out even looking at the 2210 that was on the dealer floor. I was told by the salesman that it was junk and JD should have never built it and I was dumb for even looking at it. Guess he has enough business. He said that the 2210 was around $11,500 to $12,000 with the MMM.
I called another dealer about 45 min. away and he quote me over the phone $10500 for the 2210 with a MMM.

/ JD 2210 #7  
Sorry to hear you had that problem with the JD dealer. I cannot imagine they would say the tractor, the 2210, is junk. You know, I am smarter than a lot of people give me credit for, I guess on first glance I must come off as stupid, but when someone makes a statement like that to me it is like a gift from heaven!!!!!!! I would have cut him up and diced him on the spot. First off, if it is junk, why is it on the floor, if it is junk then what is the 4010 and 4110 and 4115 and all the other Yanamar tractors JD sells? If it is junk then he ought to be willing to let me take it off his hands like really cheap then huh? Doing him favor? That is when I do things like, geez dude, it only comes in green, hey wife, what you think about yellow seats--and--she says something like--sure looks sisssy. The I go --you know--being as it is junk and kinda sissy looking you know I could help you out--oh wait--it has a plastic floorboard--my god---plastic--hey--look--I can see my way to maybe 8,000 dollars with loader--is that loader green too? Well--if you toss it in free I might can help you. Then wife says, you know Uncle Bob is a Kubota dealer and the BX he says is not junk!!! Then I say, well--JD dude--Maybe 7,000. Hey, what is the warranty, since it is junk you going to cover me with an extended warranty for free right? Hey, is JD going out of buisness, wife says--yeah--I heard they were--I go---well, got to have a warranty free, I am taking a big risk here. You see--cut--slice--dice. Even if I don't get the tractor for free, it is fun. Junk my arse. What a jackarse. If you want the little BX you will love it but here I am defending the JD, I am sure it is a fine little unit and maybe if you want the sissy yellow seat go to another dealer and see if he is more intelligent. J

/ JD 2210
I will go to the other JD dealer and test drive the unit. I get mad each and every time I enter this dealers showroom. I do go by before or after they close and look at what I want to see. I just think that the feel that the think because they are the only green dealer in town that they can do or say what they want. They have been in business for a long time selling only push mowers and such.
I just want to get a good feel for the 2210, because it does appear to have a larger operating area than the BX.
For the differance of only $250.00 or so, I want to be sure which I'll be the happiest with.
The BX is a little short (not that I'm so tall 5'10") from the seat to the HST pedals. I will see what the JD feels like. I do like the two pedal that the JD has over the BX, but I'll not buy form such a jerk Company.

/ JD 2210 #9  
Lynnmll:

I've been looking at both the BX and the 2210 also. I have both a Kubota B2400 and a JD345. Want something in between. I like the 2 pedel design on the JD345 over the Kubotas. When I tried the JD2210 though the 2 pedel design has a very long throw thus you can't easily leave your heal in one spot and just rotate the top of your foot. To feel comfortable pressing the forward pedel all the way down I had to move the seat too close to the steering wheel.

Babybober

/ JD 2210 #10  
I sure didn't see any major construction differences between the 2210 and the other 4xxx tractors, and I looked at them all pretty good, being as they were all side-by-side. Sounds as if JD dealer doesn't want to be a JD dealer. If I were JD, I'd sure want to know that one of my dealers was badmouthing my lines. It makes me wonder what else is going on behind the scenes...like is the dealer making less of a margin on these? Then again, maybe this guy was just having a real bad day. It'd have to be a pretty bad day to drive away a customer, though....