Belarus 250AS

/ Belarus 250AS #1  

mikenov54

Tractor
Belarus 250as
Hello........I am looking at a Belarus 250As to buy to cut 15 acres of grass with a brush hog. I'm not familiar with this brand and was wondering if I could get some feedback on if I should get this and can I maintain it if something goes wrong with it...........Thank You

/ Belarus 250AS #3  
I have one of those that I use for bush hogging with a 72" King Kutter mower. It does not have live PTO so you need an over-running clutch on the shaft to prevent the momentum of the mower from pushing the tractor.

It's a funky tractor with poor ergonomics and some people hate them. Make sure you test drive it. It should come with an owners manual that covers all basic maintenance. Mine has been low maintenance and good on fuel. I use it for mowing and post holes. The 3ph has downforce which is a rare feature. Turning radius is bigger than most tractors this size. I get parts from Belarus in Milwaukee. Paid $3000 for mine in 2005 including a box blade and light duty scrape blade. That's a typical price.

/ Belarus 250AS #5  
I owen a 250AS and love it...Low maintenance, easy to repair, I have a 72" snow blower on mine and it can handle heavy snow with not problems. It delivers 28 hp to the rear pto according to the manual.