Massey Fergusen 35

/ Massey Fergusen 35
   / Massey Fergusen 35 #12  
works good. i have done that mod on my naa. I have a generic laoder valve mounted on the fender now.

soundguy

/ Massey Fergusen 35 #13  
If the modifications needed to use the internal tractor hydraulics works, then that's fine. My 1955 Ferguson TO-35 came with a Wagner front end loader, and an auxiliary hydraulic pump running via a shaft from the front end of the crankshaft . I have a dual lever control valve mounted to the right of the steering wheel that gives me up and down control of the FEL, plus tilt control of the bucket via a third hyd. cylinder. The FEL pipe structure acts as the hydraulic reservoir. Those Wagner Iron Works front end loaders were popular back in the day. I have a modest sized bucket for it, plus I fabricated some forklift type attachments . I've had this tractor for 35 years now, but the previous owner found out that the FEL is stronger than the castings that support the front axle pivot tube, as one side of the casting broke off. I made a repair, but keep that front end weight limitation in mind for small tractors.
I try to limit my FEL to a maximum of 800 lb. estimated loads, although I suspect the FEL will lift twice that.