I did it - x749

/ I did it - x749 #11  
Good deal:thumbsup:

I am setting mine up with the front quick hitch, broom and angle blade. Think for my uses I won't need a snowblower enough to make it worthwhile. I will be picking up a 647 tiller for this years work and have a pinestraw rake, pull type spin spreader, drop seeder aerator, DR chipper and 5' landscape rake.

This small machine is great for cleaning up areas the larger tractors can't fit in. I bought mine in November so haven't had a chance to do much mowing yet.

Enjoy your new mower.

/ I did it - x749
Good deal:thumbsup:

I am setting mine up with the front quick hitch, broom and angle blade. Think for my uses I won't need a snowblower enough to make it worthwhile. I will be picking up a 647 tiller for this years work and have a pinestraw rake, pull type spin spreader, drop seeder aerator, DR chipper and 5' landscape rake.

This small machine is great for cleaning up areas the larger tractors can't fit in. I bought mine in November so haven't had a chance to do much mowing yet.

Enjoy your new mower.

Let me know what you find around the 647. I was seriously considering one as well to till under some old turf right next to the house and garage and figured this would do a perfect job.

I'll be interested to hear how your DR chipper does.

/ I did it - x749 #13  
The DR chipper is okay, would prefer a larger throat for easier feeding of crooked branches. As far as the pto loading I can hear only minimal loading of the engine. No problems at all with the power to run the chipper.

/ I did it - x749
I took delivery of most of my new x749 today! all I can say is WOW, what a machine! All I have so far is the machine and the 54 SB. The 4 wheel steer is amazing and makes maneuvering a piece of cake. I took the snow blower through a week old crusty banking and I was absolutely amazed that it through snow over the road. I'm glad I went big as far as garden tractors are concerned. I only have 15 minutes of seat time but I can tell this is going to be a machine that sees lots of projects. As my neighbor said "with that thing, why would you need a 4-wheeler" :)

Here is a pic, I will snap more tomorrow.

Attachments

• IJD-x749-day1.jpg
    IJD-x749-day1.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 238
   / I did it - x749 #15  
Looks good glad you like the blower, I am considering the same.

/ I did it - x749 #16  
Sweet! I'm envious. I'm wanting one. But, my 425 is working perfectly, and is long-ago paid for. So, impossible to justify the expense. Maybe when they come available used:D

/ I did it - x749
It's truly a beast. I had to snowblow back the bankings around a house im renovating that were about 5ft deep and hard and crusty. it went through them pretty darn easy. The 4 wheel steer and the blower is an amazing combo. Glad I went this route.

One thing I found that is a must if you go faster than a few mph is the front mud flaps. I took it down the road and got soaked in a few spots with the overspray.

When I was picking up the tractor, the service guy said these and the older 400 series were tractors for life. They just serviced a 425 (I think that's what he said, it was diesel) with almost 8000 hours on it and it was still running strong. That is CRAZY!

/ I did it - x749 #18  
Congrats on the impressive new setup! You will have a great machine to last you for many years to come. It also looks like it will be staying busy during all 4 seasons :thumbsup:.

Please keep us updated on how you like the 3pt hitch and rear pto, and how useful you find it to be.

I would love to buy a well maintained X748 or X749 setup similar to yours in a couple years.

/ I did it - x749
Congrats on the impressive new setup! You will have a great machine to last you for many years to come. It also looks like it will be staying busy during all 4 seasons :thumbsup:.

Please keep us updated on how you like the 3pt hitch and rear pto, and how useful you find it to be.

I would love to buy a well maintained X748 or X749 setup similar to yours in a couple years.

The x749 is a good chunk of money but it already exceeded my expectations with blowing snow.

Once they add the 3pt hitch and PTO (and coolant heater) in a few weeks, I'll let you know how well it works for what I'm looking to do. My expectations are moderate for that part. I'm sure it will be just fine for refinishing a lawn with landscaping rake and box blade. The spreader is the 250lb Frontier unit so that should work well with salt in the winter, fert and seed in the summer, and wildlife feed in the spring/early summer.

It starts right up with ease and runs strong. I now have to get an ipod/muff setup.... Thanks for everyone's advice along the way.

/ I did it - x749 #20  
I used mine yesterday with my DR chipper to clean up some branches on a job works great and it is nice not having to bring in a larger tractor for some of the small projects.