CUT Engines Direct vs. indirect injection

/ CUT Engines Direct vs. indirect injection #1  

Spanky100

Silver Member
NE Texas, NE Tennessee, and SE MI and SW OH
Tractor
Current Kioti CK27HST and Cub Cadet 1810. Previous NH1510 Hydro, AC D14, Oliver 1355?, and JD 314 Lawn Tractor
I am starting to look into purchasing a CUT after a few years without one. I have looked at the specifications for the following: NH 33D, Kubota L3130 and 2910, and JD 4410. I was surprised to find that only the JD uses a direct fuel injection engine. Both NH and Kubota are still using Indirect fuel injection. I thought direct injection would offer improved fuel consumption, power, and cold temperature starting. Any thoughts on why the CUT engines are not all using direct fuel injection. Cost of upgrading the current engines is the only reason I can think of.

Thanks for any thoughts.

/ CUT Engines Direct vs. indirect injection #2  
spanky100
I think one of the reasons Kubota has gone to indirect injection with the new E-TVCS engines is to lower emission levels. This is something the marketplace is driving. Many of our Municipality customers are begining to look for lower emission diesel engines in tractors and mowers. Also, they run quieter.
Lewis

/ CUT Engines Direct vs. indirect injection #3  
Yep,them little engines seem to need the ID to meet EPA and Tier l regulations let alone Tier ll.