Results 1 to 2 of 2
02-28-2011, 07:34 AM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2001
- NH TC25D
Dealer Bashing and The Rules
When posting, please keep in mind the forum rules for posting located here.
Also note this applies to URLs you put in your signature, even if the link is to your personal web site.
Specifically about dealer bashing.....You have to be somewhat suspicious of the motivation of anyone who joins TBN simply to 'share' their horrible dealer or horrible brand story. While everything they type might be true, they are only posting their side of the story. While you might be thinking that's obvious, most people don't react like it is. Specific names of people and/or dealer can get the poster in a lot of trouble which is another reason it's not allowed. While this rule might not be typical of other, or most, discussion forums on the Internet, it's been the policy on TBN since TBN came online.
9. Acceptable User Policy
You may not post on any section, or send to any other forum user or our employee, any material that:
* infringes or violates any copyright, trademark, service mark, patent, trade secret, confidentiality rights or other rights of any third party;
* is abusive, hateful, inflammatory, harmful, tortuous, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
* is obscene, vulgar or pornographic;
* you do not have a right to transmit under any law or contractual or other obligation;
* is being used to harass, stalk or otherwise threaten a person;
* is libelous, defamatory or invades any privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
* impersonates any other person or otherwise falsely states or otherwise misrepresents an affiliation with a person or entity;
* contains or promotes violence, drug use, illegal gambling or other criminal activity;
* contains any virus, Trojan Horse or any other harmful or disabling software code;
* contains or promotes any materials or information which may violate any law, rule, regulation, ordinance or requirement to which you or we are subject.
Additionally, you may not:
* violate the posted rules & guidelines for a specific section of TractorByNet.com;
* use this site if you are under the age of 13;
* use any discussion forum in a commercial manner;
* choose a user name with is obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable;
* post material that solicits funds, or that advertises or solicits goods or services;
* post or transmit material known to be false or misleading;
* Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit through the Services: unsolicited or unauthorized advertisements, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, surveys, polls, or other forms of solicitation;
* Attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems or networks connected to the Services;
* post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component; or
* use the Sites to transmit any unsolicited messages to any recipient from whom you have not received prior demonstrable consent or in a manner that violates any law or obligation regarding the transmission of email messages.
Violation of this acceptable user policy may result in warning, account suspension, account deletion or any other action deemed necessary by IMC Digital Universe, Inc.
02-28-2011, 08:03 AM #2
- Join Date
- Sep 2000
- Eastern NY
- Case 885, JD 730D, Ford 4000
Re: Dealer Bashing and The Rules
Thanks for posting, Mike.
I was tempted to respond to a particular thread this morning, but felt it more appropriate if a moderator did so.
Last edited by RickB; 02-28-2011 at 08:23 AM.If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you are reading this in English, thank a veteran.