Back to square one!

/ Back to square one! #1  

DAY

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 4500 TLB, Kubota L2900GST
I came here a few weeks ago, looking for info on "new" CUTS. I have a 30 year old 2WD JD 850, and an even older Ford 4500 TLB. Like to replace one or both with something made in this century.

I limited my search to Kubota and JD- dealers equal distance (10 miles) apart.
Then I started reading about the Bobcats- cheaper, heavier, more HP for the $$. And discovered that the Kubota dealer also sells cats!

Oh, the dilemma! Advice, please.

/ Back to square one! #2  
I hear they are good tractors. I believe they are made by Daedong, which also makes Kioti and McCormick I believe. If they were around when I was shopping I would have really looked at them hard. Go try one out!!

/ Back to square one! #3  
You should be looking at a grand L not the base L to get to something that will make you feel that you moved up to this century!!!

Otherwise the base L would work.

/ Back to square one! #4  
Just to futher confuse you, check out the NEW BLUE LS Tractors. Should be a dealer near you. New Holland dealers are also selling them in certain locations. Look at LS Tractors.com for dealer nearest you. Also check out the LS tractor forum here on TBN for more info from new owners like me.

/ Back to square one!
Thanks, Gary- I read your LS comment on another thread, and just visited the LS site- nearest dealer is 65 miles away. I've got both JD and Kubota a lot closer, and the dealer- in my opinion- is equally important as the machine itself.