Help/advice on used 755

/ Help/advice on used 755 #1  

fwchiro

Tractor
Iseki 1910, Kubota B7100HST-E
Hey fellow TBNers,
Been lurking and learning here for a while trying to make a decision on a first tractor. Looking to do the following:
- turn an acre of pasture into a lawn
- fence in several acres
- start a garden (maybe 1/2 acre this year)
- 1-2 acres bush hogging
- maintain 150' gravel drive

Been looking in the 20hp range, with a FEL and hoping for 4wd although I have a very flat lot so 4wd is the lowest priority of the 3 criteria. Had a verbal agreement to buy a yanmar ym2001 2wd with an fel but the guy had to back out so I have been scouring craigslist and come across this ad:

John Deere tractor

It's ain't pretty, but a tool doesn't have to be! I have talked to the guy and he says hydraulics are strong and it does smoke some (will check air filters), but I hope to get some advice from those more familiar with these tractors. I should be able to get up there and look at this weekend and just wanted to know more about what to look for.

/ Help/advice on used 755 #2  
I think any of the 55 series tractors should be perfect for what you want to do. It may be rough but I think that is a decent price with the FEL.

It would be nice to know how many hours it has and if it burns any oil.

The 4wd will allow you to put more of those 20 ponies to work than a 2wd would and I personally won't own another CUT without hydrostat.

the 55 tractors are bulletproof and have quite a following, for good reason.

/ Help/advice on used 755
Thanks for the reply :)