Is this a game changer?

/ Is this a game changer? #11  
if my memory is right i have a 3yr 2000hr warrenty on my kubota.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Deere and Kubota have identical warranty parameters... 2 years or 2000 hours "bumper to bumper" and 3 years or 2000 hours on powertrain.

/ Is this a game changer? #12  
yes they could have but im not sure.

/ Is this a game changer? #13  
Correct me if I am wrong, but Deere and Kubota have identical warranty parameters... 2 years or 2000 hours "bumper to bumper" and 3 years or 2000 hours on powertrain.

New Holland has 3 years /200 hrs as I recall and the emmision controls are warrnted straight 5 years. My 2007 TD95D is still under the emission warranty.
TYM has a 5year warranty, 3 years bunmper to bumper and the last two on the powertrain only with a deductable. Trouble is they go through dealers so quickly that the guy you bought the tractor from is gone before you can get any warranty work done and the nearest dealer is 500 miles away. Sure glad i didn't get one. There reliability is somewhat suspect, to say the least.

/ Is this a game changer? #14  
my Kioti has 4 year unlimited hour warranty.

/ Is this a game changer? #15  
my Kioti has 4 year unlimited hour warranty.

Your Kioti tractor warranty is 2 years / Unlimited hours "bumper to bumper" and 4 years / Unlimited hours powertrain.

What scared me a few years ago were some of the fringe CUT re-sellers with 4 and 5 year "warranties" that had a cap on the overall amount of warranty which was limited to 1/2 the selling price of the machine. So you buy a 12K CUT and, god forbid, had a (or worse, 2) major problem and your warranty dollars were limited to 6K - that included parts and labor.

/ Is this a game changer? #16  
Who cares about warranty? I bought a Kubota new 10 years ago and haven't needed anything.

Other tractors are nearly 40 years old (good old Fords!;)) and they haven't seen the dealer on my watch and there is VERY slim chance they ever will.

I like tractors that are both so robust they don't break and so simple they can be fixed easily. Those new fangled machines seem to be moving away from that ideal quickly.

Slightly off topic, but I thought that JD small machines were built by Yanmar. Still the case?

/ Is this a game changer?
My L4400 Kubota warranty is 24 months, or 1500hrs. According to the Yanmar Cub Cadet announcement on the home page, it is now 5 years on the power train, and they added 500 hours to the bumper to bumper, and first service is free. The first service is about $400.

/ Is this a game changer? #18  
Your Kioti tractor warranty is 2 years / Unlimited hours "bumper to bumper" and 4 years / Unlimited hours powertrain.

What scared me a few years ago were some of the fringe CUT re-sellers with 4 and 5 year "warranties" that had a cap on the overall amount of warranty which was limited to 1/2 the selling price of the machine. So you buy a 12K CUT and, god forbid, had a (or worse, 2) major problem and your warranty dollars were limited to 6K - that included parts and labor.

oops..your right.

/ Is this a game changer? #19  
Who cares about warranty? I bought a Kubota new 10 years ago and haven't needed anything.

Other tractors are nearly 40 years old (good old Fords!;)) and they haven't seen the dealer on my watch and there is VERY slim chance they ever will.

I like tractors that are both so robust they don't break and so simple they can be fixed easily. Those new fangled machines seem to be moving away from that ideal quickly.

Slightly off topic, but I thought that JD small machines were built by Yanmar. Still the case?
It's my understanding that JD and Yanmar split. I also heard that it was a very unfriendly breakup.

I think that after the 7 year period is up, that anyone owning a JD..........will be going to E-bay and looking for used parts.

/ Is this a game changer? #20  
i didn't find it so interesting and new. it's just another normal piece.