Price Check JD870/440loader

/ JD870/440loader #1  

landman

Bronze Member
Tractor
5045e John Deere 520m loader.have owned these others Mahindra 4035 hst 4wd John Deere 4044m hydro John Deere 970 gear
Im testing the waters here to see what I may get for my lovingly used jd870 /440 loader. It has 620 hours on it, loaded Ag tires, Im selling it with a woods rb84 blade and a meteor 68" snowblower, 450lb counter wt, it also has a set of heavy duty H chains. With the economy and cuts at my job I really hate to part with it, but can no longer afford the payment right now. I plan to pay off my credit cards, get as debt free as I can and then take another look at a larger tractor in two years.(5000 series) I dont want to sell it consignment at a dealer, and I cant trade up at the moment.I was thinking around 10,500 for it? I paid 13, with 300 hrs, and got the blower/blade later. It in good shape and aside from it being used it is an awesome tractor.

/ JD870/440loader #2  
Im testing the waters here to see what I may get for my lovingly used jd870 /440 loader. It has 620 hours on it, loaded Ag tires, Im selling it with a woods rb84 blade and a meteor 68" snowblower, 450lb counter wt, it also has a set of heavy duty H chains. With the economy and cuts at my job I really hate to part with it, but can no longer afford the payment right now. I plan to pay off my credit cards, get as debt free as I can and then take another look at a larger tractor in two years.(5000 series) I dont want to sell it consignment at a dealer, and I cant trade up at the moment.I was thinking around 10,500 for it? I paid 13, with 300 hrs, and got the blower/blade later. It in good shape and aside from it being used it is an awesome tractor.

At that price I would guess it will sell fast.

I wouldn't sell it for any less.

Good luck with the sale and best wishes for the future.

/ JD870/440loader #3  
You can research machinefinder and tractorhouse to get an idea of what they are selling for.

/ JD870/440loader #4  
i was thinking $95,00 to $10,000 as well.but with the economy like it is i dont know.

/ JD870/440loader #5  
Shame it's in Maine...normally, CUTs sell at premium prices in New England, but the economy has tanked, as you wrote.
Further south (MD, PA), that tractor would sell in a day or two on Craigslist, even now.
If landman is in southern Maine, I'd avertise on Craigslist in NH, VT and upstate NY as well as ME.

/ JD870/440loader
Thanks for all the input! I can allways count on you guys for suggestions, and insight! I will list it in a few more weeks, need to wait for the end of winter. I live in hartford 30 miles from Lewiston Auburn area.

/ JD870/440loader #7  
After looking at prices on TractorHouse and MachineFinder, I would say the average price is around $10,000. Maybe a bit less...I was surprised.

I still think if the tractor is in good to excellent condition AND if the seller is patient...he will get his money.

This said, why not put it up for sale now at top dollar.?? Be patient and sell it this Spring between a rock bottom price and top dollar.

There are A LOT of tractor owners in Maine. Can we assume that translates into a lot of tractor owners looking for their next tractor.?? I see a lot of tractors around here but, I don't see a ton of tractors for sale...

I'd like to think he could get $10,000 for that tractor in a matter of 2 or 3 months.??....Maybe I'm all wet.??:D

/ JD870/440loader #8  
Well the 68" blower definatally adds a bit to the value vs the average tractor you will find on tractorhouse. I think 10,500 would be a fair price BUT your timing is off.

Since the blower is the most expensive/valuable inplement you have at the moment, you should have been trying to sell it before/early winter. Now that winter is almost over, the blower isnt going to add much to the value now.

BTW, is it a 3PH blower or a front mount specific to your tractor???

If it is a 3PH blower, you could probabally make a little more if you separate them and sell the tractor now/early spring and hold onto the blower until next snow season.

/ JD870/440loader #9  
I'd like to think he could get $10,000 for that tractor in a matter of 2 or 3 months.??....Maybe I'm all wet.??:D

No, not wet at all...it's mainly if he can afford to wait that long...

/ JD870/440loader #10  
No, not wet at all...it's mainly if he can afford to wait that long...

Good point Roy. Big difference between "I'm gonna sell" and "I've got to sell now.!!!!''

Time and money.