Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

Default Re: CONSIDER SERVICE BEFORE BUYING BLUE.

DON'T REALLY THINK IT HAD ANTHING TO DO WITH THE COLOR OF YOUR TRACTOR. seems like it is more of a case of a bad dealer. this same dealer could hav ebenn a rep for JD or kubota. does seem like u had a lot of problems tho. did u say that when u had a warrenty problem U had to take it back?be dammed if i would pay for pick up if it was a warrenty problem.

Frank,
    John deere states in the warranty info that you(the customer) are responsible for getting it to the dealer.Not that I like it...but that is the way it is,if you ask a service tech to come to your house for a warranty issue,you have to pay mileage to the dealer(at least they charge me).

Working man never wins.....

Have a Happy Christmas

The Fabulous Foothills of Northern California

Yeah, I think your right Wolbert. My tractor has that built in on the inside.

It's Christmas and I have a 18 month old kid that just got a new Radio Flyer, gotta go play! Merry, Merry Christmas.....

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC40D Supersteer

My Blue dealer. Lloyd Miller and Sons (in Fowlerville, Michigan), made it very clear that transport of the tractor back and forth was not included in warranty service. There is even a sticker on the dashboard to remind me of that fact. Despite this, when my <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&amp;Board=nhown&amp;Number=201698 &amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc=1>TC 40D HST/PTO Failed</A> after 24 minutes of ownership, they picked it up, fixed it, and delivered it without charge. I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to recommend them to a friend.

Tractor
    NH TC45D

Before buying my TC45D, I spent a lot time meeting dealers representing all the colors around here. As this would be first time in the seat of something other than a 'lawn mower', I knew I would need a dealer I felt comfortable with....in this case Blue won and I have not had a regret. I've done most of the servicing up until now (with exception of an incident involving a 'helpful' nephew and the aftermath); however, 300 hour service is coming up next month. When I called to find out what he charged to pick up/deliver he indicated he would time it for deliveries of other equipment in the area so there would be no charge either way.

Paul

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    New Holland Boomer2030

jlong
    Jim. I live in WV and have had good luck with my dealer HEI.
    Solo

Tractor
    John Deere 2520, John Deere X534, Gator HPX 4x4, 14SB, Honda TRX 420 FE

Consider service before you buy any color!

Veteran Member

I've run into bad dealers from just about every color!!

The most seem to be from the major manufacturers though for some reason.

Woodbeef: May be. But with the majors, if you have a problem with one dealer there's another one down the road a piece. Where I'm at there's 10 NH dealers within 90 miles. There's one Century guy who supposedly carries Zetor too (never did see one on the lot in the 3-4 months I was actively looking to buy). There's one Mahindra dealer in the St Louis metro area (and they have exclusive rights for east central missouri &amp; west central Il. So if you get a bad secondary brand dealer you are in deep doo doo. If you get a bad major brand dealer you've got some options anyway. Best. John

Veteran Member

Hey Grimreaper,

Good point there, but where on the to do list does the other dealer put you?

I guess I'm just use to not really needing dealers all that much. I run dependable,quality built Euro tractors myself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast