Comparison Hustler diesel

/ Hustler diesel #1  

851 roger

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 851 Powermaster
I've found a 2006 Hustler 34hp diesel with 72"cut and 300 hours in real good shape. The asking price is $7400.00. I'm not sure if this is a good price. I know the seller pretty well, but he is selling it for a friend of his. What do you think???

/ Hustler diesel #2  
I've found a 2006 Hustler 34hp diesel with 72"cut and 300 hours in real good shape. The asking price is $7400.00. I'm not sure if this is a good price. I know the seller pretty well, but he is selling it for a friend of his. What do you think???
A good deal in my opinion. Diesel power is good (expensive fuel at this time) but the low hours, wide cut (for ground coverage) and the low price (relative to new diesels now, and 300 hours is still new) makes it a deal for me. Hustlers are good machines.

/ Hustler diesel #3  
Be careful with this mower. Hustler made these two years then bought many back from the customers because they had too many warranty issues. There were problems with the hydraulic pumps overheating because the mower is so heavy and the diesel so powerful. Now there were updates done that helped so you need to find out if it was updated. If you will use it commercially I would say stay away--but for homeowner use by one mindful operator probably okay. I bough one of these for $6000 with 600hrs. I had to replace the hydraulic pump and drive-motor for the deck in the first hundred hours. There are other issues: the belt drive to the hydro-pump is not designed well and will slip under load, the dual electric fans are prone to failure, the hydraulic fluid is shared between the ground drive system and the deck system without a filter before the deck pump so a failure on the ground drive system can send metal through the deck system.

I would say the price is too high considering the risk. I wouldn't give over $6000 personally and I came to regret my purchase. but the Cat(perkinsshibaura) diesel is awesome and good on fuel and the mower is built like a tank. The cutting width on the deck is actually 69".

Any questions let me know. I have 3 Hustlers