Now I belong!!!

/ Now I belong!!! #1  

gregfender

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501 HST
Now my wife won't have to hear me complain "we need a tractor." I just picked up a 1992 (but new to me) John Deere 1070 with 4WD, canopy, and 4-in-1 bucket. Only 1091 hours, runs crazy smooth and is ready to do some serious work. All this for an amazing $9500.

There are a couple of minor dings and a cracked corner on the canopy, but otherwise sound. Looking forward to getting some seat time this weekend.

I know, I know, I really don't have a tractor unless I post pics, so here you go:

Attachments

• JD1.jpg
    JD1.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 213
  • JD2.jpg
    JD2.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 184
  • JD3.jpg
    JD3.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 234
  • JD4.jpg
    JD4.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 226
  • JD5.jpg
    JD5.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 193
  • JD6.jpg
    JD6.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 226
   / Now I belong!!! #2  
OK, so now we know you have a tractor. Now you have to prove it works with some action photos of your first project! :D

Very nice, greg!

/ Now I belong!!! #3  
Congratulations, very nice looking tractor with low hours. Good times to come.:thumbsup:

/ Now I belong!!! #4  
Congratulations, that is a great looking tractor with plenty of horse power. Now what are you going to do with it? Of course you know you have only started, now you get to buy attachments. :)

/ Now I belong!!! #5  
boy that is a nice clean tractor.as said the fun will start when you get stuff for it to pull.

/ Now I belong!!! #6  
The 4th picture looks like a defensive tackle in the down position.!!:thumbsup: The tractor looks ready to go to work and I am sure there are many working hours left in it to make you happy.

But, I gotta tell you...My '92 770 with 2640 hours looks waay better than yours.!!:D But, I got to say it...I paid $9600. Looks like you got a lot more tarctor than I did.

Best of luck with the new tractor.

Here's my 770.....
Driveway92610015.jpg

/ Now I belong!!!
But, I gotta tell you...My '92 770 with 2640 hours looks waay better than yours.!!:D QUOTE]

True...but someone told me the nice thing about buying used besides the price, is every scratch, scrape, nick, and dent was done by the former owner!;)

/ Now I belong!!! #8  
But, I gotta tell you...My '92 770 with 2640 hours looks waay better than yours.!!:D But, I got to say it...I paid $9600. Looks like you got a lot more tractor than I did.

Actually, the 1070 looks really good (IMHO), but has probably set outside all it's life (and I'm sure that sweet 770 has been comfortably inside most of it's life). The weathering shows character...like a working tractor, y'know?
Anyway, a few hours with some compound (to bring the paint back) and that 1070 will look like new. Unfortunately, the canopy may not be fixable....but y'know what, it'll still provide shade!
As far as the bucket...well, I surely wouldn't worry too much about the cosmetics of the bucket. My 4400 hasn't seen too much loader work yet, but my old 790's bucket...well, it was Rustoleum all over. Anyway, Greg's looking for a replacement bucket (another thread).

Last edited:
   / Now I belong!!! #9  
Very nice. You'll wonder how you ever did without it....

/ Now I belong!!! #10  
Some's for show, and some's for go. Ours works for a living too. Our 2005 tractor probably looks more like the 1070 than the 770, but it works for a living and wears it proud. I think a JD is hard too beat as far as parts and service in the long run go. The 1070 is a real nice sized tractor too.

Good luck !!!